GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
First half of the PP looked good, 2nd half yuck.

They didn't even get a shot in the first half of the PP, until Kovy finally went towards the center. Having him on the right side really does nothing to help on the PP, it's worse than Oates having Clarkson take the PP faceoffs last year.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Making Holtby, and this swiss cheese defense look like they did in the playoffs last year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Linesman with another bad call. Happens too many times this season.

PP will continue to be brutal until they set up on the correct side for one timers.

You can't move around and waste time to only get a weak wrist shot that no goalie is going to not save.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If that Tally-Volch pairing stays together the hatred this board shows them may approach White-Mottau levels :laugh:

Difference being White-Mottau was the FIRST pairing. I think people just hated the idea more of them being together when they were the two slowest d-men on the team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think we are going to see them change up the lines:

Matteau-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Ponikarovski-Loktionov-Butler
Barch-Gionta-Bernier

I really like the way Loktionov's line looks.

Status Quo*

Is MSG + ****ing up for anyone else? It keeps skipping ever 5 seconds for me. Really annoying. Yo Dolan, fix your stupid ****ing channel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And when is Kovy going to get back to the left side on the PP? Mother of god this has to end.

At least have him in the middle of the point. It's always something kooky with the PP though, whether it's stationing front-of-the net players like Gionta and Parise on the halfboards, or having Clarkson take faceoffs, now Kovy playing on the right wing in the offensive zone.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Caps broadcasting crew is busy talking about the trap without mentioning the trap again: "the Devils don't give you a lot of room between the blue lines", "Ya, they really clog it up".

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Difference being White-Mottau was the FIRST pairing. I think people just hated the idea more of them being together when they were the two slowest d-men on the team.

Not to mention complete holes defensively. Clear lane coming out of the offensive zone for a breakout pass? Nahhh, reverse it behind the net to your partner..:laugh:

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
I Love Chico's insight--'The key to tonight's game is whoever (team) gets that last goal, to win it'... The way he says these common sense ideas, is like he's giving away some type of secret, that shouldn't be told because nobody has caught on to it yet. Yes, Chico if the game is 4-3 obviously who ever scores that 4th goal is going to be the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad