16 wins in the postseason = a championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
what the f*** am i reading

That players who are effective in the regular season are not necessarily the same in the post season, and vice versa.

Like, to me this is obvious. I called Tyler Myers monstrous playoff performance before the playoffs started.

It clearly isn't obvious to other people, no one backed me and some mocked me.

But now there is no excuse - everyone is aware of the issue, whether they agree with it or not. Those who disagree aren't worth my time; I am interested in those who acknowledge reality, and are prepared to discuss the ramifications for a team like the Canucks moving forward to build a contender.

Thanks @oba for making this thread. Title made me think it was a waste, but I was totally wrong.

And I am never wrong. wtf

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Need your best players to be the best, and having middle depth guys playing well above their salary so you have a strong team that fits within the cap.

It's unfair, but if every player is "only" playing to their value, then the team is probably not going to be good enough. You need some young guys on cheap contract to also be having breakout years, or a bunch of UFA's on a performance bump chasing their next contract... sort of like this season.

That's why it's also a bit dangerous and a gamble to re-sign some players to a lengthy contract that can handcuff this team in a few years if it doesn't pan out well and they end up being a "one hit" wonder.

Reactions: oba

oba

Feb 2, 2024
my only take on Z, Dak, Lindy ... is that if you need to spend more than you want to ... on playoffs warriors. ...

and spend less as a consequence on playoff no- shows ... (82 exhibition "stat heroes") ...

or, even much less ...

then the decision is kind of obvious ...

some players just want to go to their cabin on the lake, after the "82" is done ....

you're not investing that way .....

love how Allvin was angry at the end presser .... sweet ...

you smash some tables, Allvy ....

Go ...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

oba

Feb 2, 2024
summer's good for thinking clearly .... no hurry ...

"everything is negotiable" including the intangibles. (equivalences to hard cash) .

Last edited:
  • Love

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
1717180266335.gif

Reactions: rypper

oba

Feb 2, 2024
That players who are effective in the regular season are not necessarily the same in the post season, and vice versa.

Like, to me this is obvious. I called Tyler Myers monstrous playoff performance before the playoffs started.

It clearly isn't obvious to other people, no one backed me and some mocked me.

But now there is no excuse - everyone is aware of the issue, whether they agree with it or not. Those who disagree aren't worth my time; I am interested in those who acknowledge reality, and are prepared to discuss the ramifications for a team like the Canucks moving forward to build a contender.

Thanks @oba for making this thread. Title made me think it was a waste, but I was totally wrong.

And I am never wrong. wtf
thumbs up emoje

sam bennett, prime example of a 20 goal scorer (underperforms. !! yells the fantasy league peanut gallery)

who **shows up** when it matters ..

(Fantasy Leaguers are precisely where they are.)

Of the Canuck's free agents, take time off to read some of their interviews.

Some are whining about stuff ...

while others are saying their prime goal is to be a champion.

Now, which one do you **prioritize** for re-signing ...?

Seriously. It's an investment decision. See what their priorities are.

Just seeing one article where one Canuck's UFA says his prime goal in his career is to be a champion. Which UFA said that??? Check for yourself ..

The cabin on the lake, or a championship?

Come on ..... get real.

Get real in the priorities ...

"WHAAAA..... they're starting to check hard now ..... WHAAAA..... I wanna go home now . WHAAAA..... I don't like this anymore .... WHAAAA .... "

Last edited:

oba

Feb 2, 2024
Fantasy Leaguer, when the playoffs start and his superstar goes missing ....

Did the twins "check out" in 2011, when the real season began . ...?

Maybe, maybe not . ...

However, getting rag-dolled by Marchand was not something the fanbase wanted any part of ....

Wouldn't have taken much for that team to go from 15 wins to the 16th .... As talented as that team was. Just a bit more mojo... juice. Call it what you will ....

(Looch definitely brought it, and good on him, he has a ring. Bring it Looch. Could have drafted Looch too, but someone called Grabner (no rings) was prioritized . .. ya, sure. of course ).

As it is, no one remembers a 15 win postseason (except the wrong way) ...

Let's get to work .

And here we go again, but ....

The Conn Smythe is the only individual trophy that really matters, it's the most valuable player during the playoffs, when the real sh*t goes down.

Fantasy Leaguers. What a waste of attention ...

.. and when Looch comes back to town, give the guy some due respect. and don't be angry because he beat up your fantasy league ferryboys. ...

Ok. Said too much. That's enough .

Attachments

• IMG_20240602_125506_622.jpg
    IMG_20240602_125506_622.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Fantasy Leaguer, when the playoffs start and his superstar goes missing ....

Did the twins "check out" in 2011, when the real season began . ...?

Maybe, maybe not . ...

However, getting rag-dolled by Marchand was not something the fanbase wanted any part of ....

Wouldn't have taken much for that team to go from 15 wins to the 16th .... As talented as that team was. Just a bit more mojo... juice. Call it what you will ....

(Looch definitely brought it, and good on him, he has a ring. Bring it Looch. Could have drafted Looch too, but someone called Grabner (no rings) was prioritized . .. ya, sure. of course ).

As it is, no one remembers a 15 win postseason (except the wrong way) ...

Let's get to work .

And here we go again, but ....

The Conn Smythe is the only individual trophy that really matters, it's the most valuable player during the playoffs, when the real sh*t goes down.

Fantasy Leaguers. What a waste of attention ...

.. and when Looch comes back to town, give the guy some due respect. and don't be angry because he beat up your fantasy league ferryboys. ...

Ok. Said too much. That's enough .
At least we know that this wasn't written by AI

• Haha

oba

Feb 2, 2024
This thread is obviously about the metaphysics of hockey in general. And why you invest your precious time in the ways you do.

Oh yeah. it's also about a decent fast sport. Nothing to sneeze about ... Achoo..

But seriously.
With these new adds.
And a couple deletes.
Do ya gots da makins of a champ there..... Or what .. ?

Leave it to be not unsaid, that. The preseason is just a tune up for the 82 game TUNE UP . !!!!!!

For the REAL season, that starts with game 83. ....

Does this make any sense? Like it or lump it, that's what's being offered on your plate.

Fandom. Cheer. & Get real.

Toc famously said, at game 3 was it? of the 2nd round ...

... " it's not going to get any easier. In fact it's just going to get harder and harder. And you have to embrace that. " ...

You know , sometimes, hockey long timers spout the wisdom of a Plato..... does the public appreciate it ...?

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Love the 5 additions we made this offseason, all are playoff warrior types and not butter soft regular season producers (seagulls lol) OP complained about. Can’t wait for game 1 of the playoffs!

Reactions: oba

oba

Feb 2, 2024
It's been addressed elsewhere probably, but what about the NHL schedule of 82 games compared to American football 17 games?

And then pro hockey has up to 28 playoff games. Pro football , up to only 4 playoff games.

There must be some kind of design behind all of this.

Is it business. Or something else.

There was once a crooked little lawyer from NY, and he was unable to say "hockey" ....

He could only say. "Ow spawwt ...."

Hmmm ....

Last edited:

oba

Feb 2, 2024
aww right, then.
82 divided by 17 is .....

4.8235 give or take a few seconds...

What a ratio.

Must be 4.82 times less physical contact in hockey .....

Or .....

Is it something else ..... Ooo. Weee ooo ....

Oww spawwt .....

oba

Feb 2, 2024
Also about drugs, we have this preseason, to the regular preseason....

Which all leads to the regular season that starts on game 83, after the preseason.

And this new season is the real deal apparently ...

where the last team standing is the first team to notch 16 wins, and this is the champion.

Sure is nice to sort that out ....

And the 82 game preseason, being primarily about jockeying for playoff position, seems to be the preseason designed for statisticians. because they will all admit that no one gives a hoot about a "presidents trophy" anyways ....

So .... getting this all sorted out .....

BRING ON GAME 83 ......

Whoohee .....

• Love

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Also about drugs, we have this preseason, to the regular preseason....

Which all leads to the regular season that starts on game 83, after the preseason.

And this new season is the real deal apparently ...

where the last team standing is the first team to notch 16 wins, and this is the champion.

Sure is nice to sort that out ....

And the 82 game preseason, being primarily about jockeying for playoff position, seems to be the preseason designed for statisticians. because they will all admit that no one gives a hoot about a "presidents trophy" anyways ....

So .... getting this all sorted out .....

BRING ON GAME 83 ......

Whoohee .....
You seem to be high as a kite but I appreciate your love for the team and playoff aspirations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad