Prospect Info: #16 - Jakob Chychrun

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's my sense as well. Wings may be close to a rebuild and Holland may not be around to do it. Great GM but it may be time for something fresh.

Maybe, but the Wings ownership are very loyal. If Holland vacates the GM position, he may move somewhere else in the FO.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Helping the Wings only hurts is if we lose to them in the Finals next year. I don't give a shot about the eastern conference. Not even a little.
I would like the Red Wing fans to experience a rebuild and I would think that the Coyotes may have to wait an extra year to make the finals, but I like your optimism!

Last edited:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I felt bad for this guy. They kept showing him after pick ten and he looked so damn nervous. He was probably the most emotional pick as well, and I don't think it was excitement. He was relieved and probably a bit pissed off.

He has every reason to play with a chip on his shoulder for a while. I hope he aims to prove all the doubters wrong, myself included.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Question 1: What city did the Coyotes relocate from?

Question 2: Which net do you shoot at?
a: Mike Smith and Louie Domingue
b: not Mike Smith and Louie Domingue

Question 3: What is the proper pronunciation of "Gila" (note: someone fill GMJC in)

If you are on your ELC, proceed to question 4. If you are on a free agent contract, proceed to question 5. If you have been traded away from ARZ and returned, proceed to question 6.

Question 3: do you want to live in North Tempe with the college chicks? Yes / No
Question 4: do you want to live in North Scottsdale with the rich chicks? Yes / No
Question 5: do you want to live in Sun City with the rest of the retirees? Yes / No

If he passes this hockey quiz, he should be good.

In all seriousness, :dunno: There's no hockey to be played in June, so we'll see how he looks at rookie camp.

:laugh:
Well done!
:handclap:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chychrun needs to go back to junior, develop his game, make the World Junior team, and start prepping for his NHL debut in a year or two.

He lost a lot of playing time with his shoulder injury. No way he should even be allowed an opportunity to play in the NHL next season.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Question 1: What city did the Coyotes relocate from?

Question 2: Which net do you shoot at?
a: Mike Smith and Louie Domingue
b: not Mike Smith and Louie Domingue

Question 3: What is the proper pronunciation of "Gila" (note: someone fill GMJC in)

If you are on your ELC, proceed to question 4. If you are on a free agent contract, proceed to question 5. If you have been traded away from ARZ and returned, proceed to question 6.

Question 3: do you want to live in North Tempe with the college chicks? Yes / No
Question 4: do you want to live in North Scottsdale with the rich chicks? Yes / No
Question 5: do you want to live in Sun City with the rest of the retirees? Yes / No

If he passes this hockey quiz, he should be good.

In all seriousness, :dunno: There's no hockey to be played in June, so we'll see how he looks at rookie camp.
This is good, really good. I'm still laughing! I didn't know if anyone else picked up on the GILA pronunciation, I thought it was my OCD kicking in again...

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Chychrun doesn't seem like a good speaker, I bet teams knocked him for that during combine interviews

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Chychrun needs to go back to junior, develop his game, make the World Junior team, and start prepping for his NHL debut in a year or two.

I have every confidence this kid makes the roster the following year, it's not going to take two years. He really needs to go back to Sarnia and focus on proving everybody wrong like I know he can.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
One question I do have concerning Chychrun next year is, will he have a better team in Sarnia this time around? Not having to carry games by himself would be wonderful for his development.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
During the draft, me and my dad were talking about some of the guys and we were happy when they were drafted. It's funny, while sitting up in the stands and right after the No. 15 pick, I made eye contact with someone at the table from Arizona and they actually gave me a wink. I figured something might be happening but didn't want to get too excited in case it didn't happen. But it ended up happening, and I was talking to my parents and told them about that and they were freaking out because they knew Arizona was one of the teams I was excited about possibly joining.

When I reached the stage, the Coyotes management told me how much they really wanted me. They were just very excited to get to know me more and said they were going to take care of me. So I'm really excited. It looks like a well-run organization that's really up-and-coming.

https://www.nhl.com/news/chychrun-didnt-stress-before-coyotes-drafted/c-281047652

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This now makes 6 straight years of NHL bloodlines in Round 1.

2016 - Chychrun, father Jeff
2015 - Strome, brother Ryan
2014 - Perlini, father Fred
2013 - Domi, father Tie
2012 - Samuelsson, father Ulf
2011 - Murphy, father Gord

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Detroit was very smart with the dats contract the knew somebody was bound to slip around their pick and they could use their leverage to get his contract thrown in. All the speculation on what they would have to give up to dump his contract was pure bs. This is nothing like the Bickel contract where real dollars and cap hit are involved, and even then it was to brutal for Chicago. Absolute win win for both teams. Other fans are just upset we let Detroit off the hook to get a player we really wanted. So far we got Goligoski, Keller, and Chychrun. And we lost a 5th rounder and the 53rd pick. Anyone know if we were on the hook for Vitales real dollars?

Oh and I bet you anything if Chychrun was t still on board we wouldn't have in led the 53. And done a similar deal for Fabbro.

For players placed on LTIR at the beginning of the season, I believe the player's association has some kind of insurance fund that pays some or all of the player's salary, though it might be up to only a certain amount.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Also this:

1,996 likes
3h
jakobchychrun
Best day of my life... All I wanted was to go to a team that believes in me & to have the @arizonacoyotes trade up for me was very special. Can't thank them enough for this opportunity. Everything happens for a reason & I'm a MAN ON A MISSION. Can't wait to get started. #MadeTRUE #Yotes #GodHasAPlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad