3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Not for nothing but, penalties aside, Andersson had a very strong game. Probably the best he’s looked at the
NHL level so far.2 Chytil looked good as well.

DeAngelo looked great and Pionk had that great goal. Buch has the tying goal. The kids looked great tonight.

I think Vesey is really finding his role as a solid 3rd liner who can bring energy and chip in 20 goals. He’s looked better this season than he has at all in his career before. When he keeps moving his feet and plays with pace he’s an effective NHLer. His problems in the past were when he’d stop moving his feet and try and stick handle around like he’s Kucherov or something.

Hank was solid again.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yo montreal

giphy.gif

dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We need one from Con Air.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is this a joke? Pathethic post. Pionk for the goal? That’s it? He’s been good all season and had another solid game today. I would put Hayes at 1 but Pionk was easily #2. Take the ADA goggles off.

He wasn't very good tonight other than the goal.

Are we going to completely overlook the gaffe that led to the first goal against?

He was also on ice for 4 high danger chances against (5v5), that was the 2nd highest of all skaters.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
He wasn't very good tonight other than the goal.

Are we going to completely overlook the gaffe that led to the first goal against?

He was also on ice for 4 high danger chances against (5v5), that was the 2nd highest of all skaters.
It will happen when you’re playing 25 minutes a game. I see a lot more positive than negative in Pionks game so we will agree to disagree.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
This I’m sure is exactly how Quinn wants to play minus the penalties. We were strong on the puck didn’t stop fighting for positioning or loose pucks and most of all THEY ALL STOOD UP FOR EACH OTHER. You need more then one guy doing it and when they all do it for each other like they did tonight it builds camaraderie. I loved the passion from the team tonight best game of the season. My god even Staal played good enough to not ***** about him tonight

Staal was awesome tonight. Regardless of what people on here (who think they know more about hockey than anybody else) might say. Staal’s been good all year.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I'm in the tank camp, but I can't hate on the team playing hard. We do need to find an elite young talent from somewhere though.

This is exactly how I feel. You love to see that effort and win, but at the same time, draft position.

I'll settle myself with being happy for the night. f*** the Habs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm in the tank camp, but I can't hate on the team playing hard. We do need to find an elite young talent from somewhere though.
Would love a top 2 pick this draft but Is it crazy to say that one of Kravtsov, Chytil, Miller, Shesty (fine if you don't want to count a goalie) can't be elite? If we can sign Panarin at 27 can he be elite?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Skjei-DeAngelo is a very good pair. I really like that combination and pray Quinn keeps it together when Claesson or McQuaid come back.

Tony D has earned the right to be an every day player and is finally putting it together consistently. It would be a shame to take it away from him and derail that just bc some veterans are back.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Would love a top 2 pick this draft but Is it crazy to say that one of Kravtsov, Chytil, Miller, Shesty (fine if you don't want to count a goalie) can't be elite? If we can sign Panarin at 27 can he be elite?

In my opinion...yes. Not impossible. Best case one near elite, one first liner, one mostly one. McD-Stepan-Kreider if you will.

Reactions: bl02

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It's possible that one of them could become elite but I wouldn't count on it. Panarin is a great player but I don't see a team winning a cup with him as the best forward.

Reactions: Buchnevich89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad