Speculation: 13th Overall Pick Prediction

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take at 13?

• Nobody, we trade it

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yakemchuk

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Catton

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Perekh

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Dickinson

• Helenius

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Hage

• Letourneau (6’7)

• Iginla

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Silayev

• Solberg

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Eiserman

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Bransegg Nygard

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Cherbyshov

• Jiricek

• Other

• Total voters

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I think they're going D unless there's a really surprising faller like Helenius. To me, there's zero chance this franchise drafts Parekh. I'd be less surprised if they took EJ Emery.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I've got a feeling it'll be Solberg or Bransegg-Nygard. They both have a good mix of skill, size, and physicality that I think both Brackett and Guerin will find a middle ground on. I picked Solberg based on the idea that Guerin has noticed most of the defensemen prospects picked so far have not been developing into NHLers, yet, and his wanting to address that. Right handed shots are a need too, though, so *shrug*.

Reactions: keppel146

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they're going D unless there's a really surprising faller like Helenius. To me, there's zero chance this franchise drafts Parekh. I'd be less surprised if they took EJ Emery.
I don't think that it will be surprising if Helenius falls to 13. Need to re-energize the Finnish posters. Am praying for Sennecke or Yakemchuk. Go big, or go home!

Agree about Parekh ...

I've got a feeling it'll be Solberg or Bransegg-Nygard. They both have a good mix of skill, size, and physicality that I think both Brackett and Guerin will find a middle ground on. I picked Solberg based on the idea that Guerin has noticed most of the defensemen prospects picked so far have not been developing into NHLers, yet, and his wanting to address that. Right handed shots are a need too, though, so *shrug*.
meh. Would boo, but am too bored by your picks, and Norway sucks.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think that it will be surprising if Helenius falls to 13. Need to re-energize the Finnish posters. Am praying for Sennecke or Yakemchuk. Go big, or go home!

Agree about Parekh ...

meh. Would boo, but am too bored by your picks, and Norway sucks.
:laugh: They're not MY picks, they're what I think the WILD's pick will be. My dream would be to have one of Buium, Sennecke, Lindstrom, Yakemchuk, or Iginla fall to us. There are other guys I'd pick above those, obviously, but those are guys I could see falling far enough if everything goes exactly right for the Wild.

*edit* or Catton. Forgot about him for a second, but I could see him dropping.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the Wild probably go with MBN or Solberg

Wild925

Apr 11, 2023
In the most likely scenario where the top 12 has no surprises and Eiserman falls, it will be Greentree...

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Without trades this is my expected draft based on Brackett's history;
1. Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard F Mora(Swe-2)
2. Ben Danford D Oshawa(OHL)
4. Nate Misskey D Victoria(WHL)
5. Noah Powell F Dubuque(USHL)
5. Jack Sadowski F Kimball(USHS)

Reactions: Minnesota

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's too bad we let go of Greenlay for color and Greenway for...being big. We really could have leaned into the Wild's primary color.
solid post.

:laugh: They're not MY picks, they're what I think the WILD's pick will be. My dream would be to have one of Buium, Sennecke, Lindstrom, Yakemchuk, or Iginla fall to us. There are other guys I'd pick above those, obviously, but those are guys I could see falling far enough if everything goes exactly right for the Wild.

*edit* or Catton. Forgot about him for a second, but I could see him dropping.
Catton would be fantastic, and slightly possible.

• Haha
Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see three tiers of players in the first 13+ players. I see no chance of us getting a player in the 1st tier, a decent chance of getting one in the 2nd, but the 3rd is where we are likely to pick.

Cele
Demi
Lind
Lev
Sil
Buium
Dick

All these players have fewer weaknesses than the rest of the prospects.

Iginla
Catton
Parekh
Yak
Sennecke

All of these players have intriguing upsides, but also more weaknesses. Iginla might be the exception. I will be happy if we get a chance to pick any of these players, except for Parekh. His game disturbs me, and i don't think it is a fit for our team. There is also a good chance that a team who picks before us goes off the board and picks someone from the group below, or someone else entirely.

Helenius
Eiserman
Solberg
Luchanko
Greentree
MBN

This is the group where we are likely to pick from. If we didn't have so many LHD prospects I'd be happy to pick Solberg, but we do, so. I like Helenius and Luchanko, though both might have lower ceilings. Solid players, though. MBN has some similarities to them- bigger. Greentree has high level skill, but needs to work hard to improve his skating, and maybe even physicality, which is kind of non existent for a bigger guy. My fav out of group 3 is Helenius, but I hope that we get to pick someone from group 2 (except Parekh), instead.

If all of group 2 except Parekh is taken, I would be fine if we traded back 4-5 spots, as I am not married to any of the players in group 3. Normally, that would net us only a mid round 2nd at best, but some team might offer more(early 2nd, 2025 1st) if they are big believers in Parekh.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would trade down and the. Try and get back into the first with both 2nds. May not be possible tho

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Would love MBN. Most of the guys in our range excite me.

Let MBN introduce himself. Plenty of media around him at the Combine, he had some very good test results. People think he's Detroit's target, they're behind the Wild anyway.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
If we're going for the "reach for a big center" route, Miroslav Satan Jr. is even taller than Letourneau.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, if we have a choice between Yakemchuk and Sennecke, who do we pick?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel like Yakemchuk(green vegetable) is the guy we should pick, but Sennecke(fresh Churro) is the guy i want to pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad