Prospect Info: 12th Overall 2024 Draft, LHD Zeev Buium

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It'll be 4 x ~$4M

You're not getting a 28 year old Middleton, in the role he just played, for 2 years.

Then don't sign him this summer. Still a year left on his deal. Let him walk next summer. Find a new bottom pair D.

I like Middleton well enough but he suddenly became 90% less important to this team a couple hours ago.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Then don't sign him this summer. Still a year left on his deal. Let him walk next summer. Find a new bottom pair D.

I like Middleton well enough but he suddenly became 90% less important to this team a couple hours ago.
I don't value fighting extremely high, but I did very much enjoy what he did to that Nashville guy towards the end of last year (Lauzon I think?). I'd like to keep that element around at least a little bit, if it's not an exorbitant amount. And I don't think 4 x $4M is exorbitant.

To me, this is not the Foligno situation 2.0

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't value fighting extremely high, but I did very much enjoy what he did to that Nashville guy towards the end of last year (Lauzon I think?). I'd like to keep that element around at least a little bit, if it's not an exorbitant amount. And I don't think 4 x $4M is exorbitant.

To me, this is not the Foligno situation 2.0

Like I said, I would love to keep Middleton around, but 4x4 is not a contract you give a bottom pair guy, and we have guys that should be getting some opportunities in the next couple years.

I understand they're probably going to do something like that anyway, but I do not like or agree with it at all.

I said it a couple weeks ago, the reason I would be okay with 4x4 is because of the role he plays on this team. Serviceable 4D that plays well next to Spurgeon. Also had no one breathing down his neck threatening that role. But if he's not in that role there's no reason to cost so much.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Like I said, I would love to keep Middleton around, but 4x4 is not a contract you give a bottom pair guy, and we have guys that should be getting some opportunities in the next couple years.

I understand they're probably going to do something like that anyway, but I do not like or agree with it at all.
I think you can when the guy above him is on his ELC, which he will be for 3 of those 4 years.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think you can when the guy above him is on his ELC, which he will be for 3 of those 4 years.

That's not a good enough reason. You win with a lot of talent and guys on their ELC, but if you start thinking you can overpay bottom of the lineup players because you do have the ELC's, you're not putting that money where it belongs at the top of the lineup.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
That's not a good enough reason. You win with a lot of talent and guys on their ELC, but if you start thinking you can overpay bottom of the lineup players because you do have the ELC's, you're not putting that money where it belongs at the top of the lineup.
My brain says you're right, but my heart disagrees. But I'll guess you're right.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Where our opinions differ, is that I think Middleton will be an overqualified 3rd pair defenseman if he ends up there. That is a positive impact for the defense, regardless of the dollars, given that the dollars is not wildly out of control.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Where our opinions differ, is that I think Middleton will be an overqualified 3rd pair defenseman if he ends up there. That is a positive impact for the defense, regardless of the dollars, given that the dollars is not wildly out of control.

I mean I hope it works out the way you think it will, but I'm sick of seeing Guerin attach himself to these guys with contracts he can't move later. Maybe I'd feel different if he didn't do it with Goligoski, Foligno, Zuccarello.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean I hope it works out the way you think it will, but I'm sick of seeing Guerin attach himself to these guys with contracts he can't move later. Maybe I'd feel different if he didn't do it with Goligoski, Foligno, Zuccarello.
Yeah, I'm not letting those impact me since Middleton is under 30, and maybe I'd feel differently if I felt better about the Iowa LDs, which I feel very 'meh' about at the moment.

I just don't really feel like any of them are really knocking on the door, let alone kicking at it.

Reactions: BagHead

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, I'm not letting those impact me since Middleton is under 30, and maybe I'd feel differently if I felt better about the Iowa LDs, which I feel very 'meh' about at the moment.

I just don't really feel like any of them are really knocking on the door, let alone kicking at it.
What about Buium? I think he’s in the NHL in one year. Maybe less.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Count me in on this move not changing any opinion on Middleton, 4x4 is still fine. Moving Lambos and/or O'Rourke for anything would be fine though. Still wonder about Tomasino, they took a failed 1st(Wiesblatt) for Afanasyev who like Tomasino will be subject to waivers this year, Lambos is still 2 years away. 50 pts in 107 NHL games under Hynes as a 21-22 year old, right hand shot.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I don’t think it will take long for Buium to be a better NHL player than Middleton.

Middleton at 4 years isn't a bad stop gap and can play any role we need him to in case of injuries.

It's kind of like that year we had 3 forward lines, you can never have enough depth.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Count me in on this move not changing any opinion on Middleton, 4x4 is still fine. Moving Lambos and/or O'Rourke for anything would be fine though. Still wonder about Tomasino, they took a failed 1st(Wiesblatt) for Afanasyev who like Tomasino will be subject to waivers this year, Lambos is still 2 years away. 50 pts in 107 NHL games under Hynes as a 21-22 year old, right hand shot.
I'm all for using Lambos and ROR for something else if they have any value. Buium immediately goes to the top of the prospect pool with Hunt and Peart following on the depth chart.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Faber - Buium for the next decade+. Yes please
I love the thought.

I don't think we could have done any better this year. And that's not a pat on the back for Mr Big balls or Brackett. Feels rather gifted other than trading up 1 spot to secure him.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Yet I can see why Buium fell this far. Smaller Dman. Won the World Junior championship on a stacked team. Won the NCAA Championship on a stacked team? How will he produce this year? I have every faith in him. He probably gets the "C" Or "A" at 2025 WJC for USA and Denver?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The last time the fanbase was this united was in their dislike of the Stramel pick
The last time this fanbase was this united (not to mention deliriously happy) was when the Wild got past the first round. It was freaking rainbows and glitter in that draft thread last night. :laugh:

Reactions: BagHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad