Prospect Info: 12th Overall 2024 Draft, LHD Zeev Buium

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Thank you Flyers!!! I kept thinking Helenius will be there. Never thought it would fall like this.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wonder if Buium falling to us potentially changes the plans on extending Middleton?

Assuming Buium is the type of defensemen we could expect by the 25-26 or 26-27 season.

Reactions: Slotski

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wonder if Buium falling to us potentially changes the plans on extending Middleton?

Assuming Buium is the type of defensemen we could expect by the 25-26 or 26-27 season.

I hope it makes Middleton cheaper because now he'll be on the bottom pair where he should be sooner than later. I still want him extended though.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Naaaa. Ease Buium into a top 6 role with PP time. And then the next season top 4 with Middleton as relief and then Middleton will be depth after that and then a trade.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I think it says much more about Chisholm and guys like Lambos/O'Rourke.

I still fully expect a Middleton extension.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think it says much more about Chisholm and guys like Lambos/O'Rourke.

I still fully expect a Middleton extension.

I don't know if it says much about any of them. Think this was just a case where this is clearly BPA. You're getting a top pair LD, there's still room for guys like Lambos, O'Rourke and Chisholm if they're good enough.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't know if it says much about any of them. Think this was just a case where this is clearly BPA. You're getting a top pair LD, there's still room for guys like Lambos, O'Rourke and Chisholm if they're good enough.
Brodin and Spurgeon are wrong side of 30 and gotta refill the D tank. None of our other dndragy picks are claiming a spot

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin and Spurgeon are wrong side of 30 and gotta refill the D tank. None of our other dndragy picks are claiming a spot

Not yet but Lambos is 21 and just finished his first pro season, Peart is 21 and hasn't started his pro career yet, so plenty of time for them to claim spots.

Agree with restocking the cupboard in general, and supported getting a top pair LD in the past, just don't think this specific pick reflects poorly on those other LD prospects at all.

If they take another LD at 45, that reflects poorly on those other guys.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It has to be a short one is my opinion (or it should not have any NTC attached to it). Just way too many defensive prospects that could be ready in 2 years.

I agree, 2-3 years max. Preferably 2. Can always sign him again when it's over, but gives you flexibility if Lambos or Peart do become players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad