Prospect Info: 12th Overall 2024 Draft, LHD Zeev Buium

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well this conversation got a little weird. But hey might as well chime in.

California is f***ing awesome moved here when I was 18 from Minnesota and I couldn’t ever imagine living somewhere else. Does it have rough parts? Yes just like any other city and or state in this country.

Homelessness is a problem but it really shouldn’t be that big of a surprise when the government actively chooses not to do anything about or get those people help many of whom have battled with addiction, alcoholism or severe mental health issues their entire lives? Many of whom probably didn’t have the family support that you or I have had either. Who would thought a state that’s 70 degrees year around has a homeless problem over a state like Minnesota where it’s below freezing for 6 months outta the year? Crazy I know.

With all that said it’s definitely not for everybody this state chews and spits people out like no other.
California is a beautiful state and one I definitely want to travel to. But I think there is an underlying cause that is pushing people to leave for better situations. US News has California #50 for opportunity and affordability. The top 5 most populous states have population trends that reflect how people feel about opportunity and affordability. California and New York down by hundreds of thousands since 2020. Pennsylvania is slightly down. Texas and Florida up by a million plus people. Taxes can certainly play a part in that. It’s argued that the panthers and lightning have a huge advantage in a cap world.

Minnesota is up 20-30k from what I can tell and hopefully up +1 once the DU season ends :D

Do people expect him to go the Faber route? 3rd pair to end the year and then 1st-2nd pair next season?

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would have a hard time pulling Brodin away from Faber if Faber continues to look as aggressive as he does with the puck. There would not be enough puck out there for the two of them, and I don't want Faber deferring to Zeev when it comes to offense. I might be jumping the gun here, but I am seeing a top 10 dman in Faber.

I'm also not sure that Spurgeon would be the ideal partner for Buium, but he could do worse. To start Buium would be getting very limited minutes. Could also do worse than Bogo as a partner. He makes the odd mistake, but he can watch Zeev's back, and do the majority of the crease clearing.

A RH version of Brodin would be really nice, but those don't exactly grow on trees.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
California is a beautiful state and one I definitely want to travel to. But I think there is an underlying cause that is pushing people to leave for better situations. US News has California #50 for opportunity and affordability. The top 5 most populous states have population trends that reflect how people feel about opportunity and affordability. California and New York down by hundreds of thousands since 2020. Pennsylvania is slightly down. Texas and Florida up by a million plus people. Taxes can certainly play a part in that. It’s argued that the panthers and lightning have a huge advantage in a cap world.
Ive been here for 13 years now and in my experience people who dont like it usually cant afford to live here, It is an expensive place to live no doubt. I dont blame people for wanting to leave and go to a place that has a lower cost of living, its truly a no brainer. Doesnt make it any less of a good place to live, Just depends upon each person or families situation.

IIRC a UHAUL employee said when i first moved here said they were having problems keeping trucks in the state because so many people were moving out of state. People have been moving out in troves for years now and its still has the biggest population in the country.

Like i said its not for everyone.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think it's a good thing for Buium that we have Brodin-Faber as the top pair. No need to try to insert Buium there.

I also think it's better to have Buium and Faber on separate pairings long term. In most situations it's better to have one of them on the ice for 45-50 minutes per game than to have both of them on the ice for 22.5-25 minutes per game.

We just need to procure a top 4 LHD and a top 4 RHD for when Brodin and Spurgeon are gone. Preferably through the draft, but so far none of the guys we have are looking like they want those roles.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't "need" to do anything else but start him out as a ~17 minute 3rd pair guy.

Brodin (23) - Faber (24)
Middleton (20) - Spurgeon (20)
Buium (17) - Bogosian (16)

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ive been here for 13 years now and in my experience people who dont like it usually cant afford to live here, It is an expensive place to live no doubt. I dont blame people for wanting to leave and go to a place that has a lower cost of living, its truly a no brainer. Doesnt make it any less of a good place to live, Just depends upon each person or families situation.

IIRC a UHAUL employee said when i first moved here said they were having problems keeping trucks in the state because so many people were moving out of state. People have been moving out in troves for years now and its still has the biggest population in the country.

Like i said it’s not for everyone.
Completely off topic but had to weigh in with my experience. I hated the people, all of them were profoundly rude and entitled, literally the only people I met and liked in my time in CA were people from out of state. Life is purely a competition to them, probably because of the CoL, but it makes for awful communities and people acting purely in the short term.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Completely off topic but had to weigh in with my experience. I hated the people, all of them were profoundly rude and entitled, literally the only people I met and liked in my time in CA were people from out of state. Life is purely a competition to them, probably because of the CoL, but it makes for awful communities and people acting purely in the short term.
In my experience people mind their own business out here. Its a dog eat dog world thats forsure.

I'll easily take the no bs from people over the passive aggressiveness you get from people in the midwest.

The whole "Minnesota nice" or "Midwest nice" is complete bs imo and its really just passive aggressiveness.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
In my experience people mind their own business out here. Its a dog eat dog world thats forsure.

I'll easily take the no bs from people over the passive aggressiveness you get from people in the midwest.

The who "Minnesota nice" or "Midwest nice" is compelete bs imo and its really just passive aggressiveness. .
Nah, things that are basic human decency go out the doors in CA. Strangers will see you and actively close doors in your face. That kind of thing isn’t just Midwest nice. I want to say it doesn’t apply to everyone there but it literally did in 6 years of my experience living there. I’m in CA right now, and it’s the same both north and south.

San Diego and SLO were two of the better cities definitely, I’ll give them that.

Last edited:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Nah, things that are basic human decency go out the doors in CA. Strangers will see you and actively close doors in your face. That kind of thing isn’t just Midwest nice. I want to say it doesn’t apply to everyone there but it literally did in 6 years of my experience living there. I’m in CA right now, and it’s the same both north and south.
I guess those arent really the type of things to upset me lol If i get upset at someone because they dont hold a door open for me that says a lot more about me than it does the stranger. Thats how i look at it atleast.

When i first moved here I lived In Long Beach and that was far from my experience. Cool ass town with good vibes. You definitely get more of that attitude when you head farther north up the 405 around the Venice, Hollywood, Beverly Hills area but again crap like that doesnt bug me the slightest.
You can find those attitudes in Orono or Edina.

Anyways the thread got derailed earlier on and decided to chime in when i saw people talking about Cali but i dont wanna be anymore of the problem than i already have been with derailing the thread. So i'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
When Brodin started out in his career he played right to Suter's left and played well. In fact he played on the right side a lot. With Klefbom I believed he also played right. So what about...

Middleton - Faber
Buium - Brodin
Chisholm/Hunt - Spurgeon

P10p

May 15, 2012
Can we stop the location talk I just posted a stat line for one game in here and get 2 pages of heartbreak every time I open this hoping to see talk about Zeev LOL :laugh:

Reactions: MuckOG

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
2 points for Rieger Lorentz too in the first series... I assume Denver is going to be productive throughout the season, not to take anything away from Buium, but more looking forward to watching him at the WJC than I am in the NCAA this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad