TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
So if Pav is making a lot of big saves that means he isn't making a lot of little ones. YOU ****ING HACK WATER CARRIERS.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Talked at some length about how Pavs has come in and brought confidence with his "big saves". Nauseating, really. Amazing that he's so happy with an 0.894 goalie as his #1.

Some how Pavs has been able to hoodwink everyone from the media to the head coach.

What time did he make the comments as I may listen to podcast.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Lawless is really ripping Buff (and to a lesser degree the rest of the "Atlanta core") on H&L this afternoon.

Honestly, I have been worried about Buff's attitude and play since early this season. He just hasn't seemed nearly as engaged as he was the past two seasons. If the Jets are going to go anywhere, Buff needs to be "on" much more than he has been this season.

Good on Lawless for that. So unusual for the Wpg media to get on our players, but boy does Buff ever need a wake up call.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think he has some form of legitimate point to make, he just doesn't know how to do it. He debates like he's heard this second hand and he's trying to repeat what he's heard but can't quite remember everything, so he fills in gaps with his own opinions and that's when it falls apart.

The betting stuff I don't mind, especially on the warm up, but the guy they bring in for it is grating.

Toth is really boring and struggles to raise interesting and even valid points to any discussion. It's all tired old tropes. What you've described is the daily dance he does when he realizes he's drowning in baseless arguments and tries to distance himself from the dumb statement he brought up.

Be an informative guy Toth! You don't have to try to be the polarizing narrative guy.

All in all, that show needs to find an interesting personality or get better guests. I can't see this trio together for years.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Talked at some length about how Pavs has come in and brought confidence with his "big saves". Nauseating, really. Amazing that he's so happy with an 0.894 goalie as his #1.

And the questions to Mo are so rehearsed and meant to tow the party line. All the gushing over Pavs by Mo with all the "game saving saves" supported by his media puppets. Three questions about Pavs and how he has maintained his confidence in the AHL blah blah blah, not one willing to ask if Helle might be coming in for a couple now.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Yup I'll take the goalie who makes more saves in general I don't care the variety.

Not Mo obviously. Its the "big saves" that carry the day, the "timing", all that crap. As someone has said, he's never had a good goalie through his coaching career but no wonder -- he wouldn't recognize one if he saw one.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good on Lawless for that. So unusual for the Wpg media to get on our players, but boy does Buff ever need a wake up call.

Early in the season I was frequently criticizing Buff for playing too casually with the puck and defensively. As the season has worn on, I'm also concerned that he just hasn't been a physical presence like he has been in the past. He just isn't as imposing as he used to be, and I think that lack of physical dominance ripples through the team in some games (like against the Avs). But it still comes back to playing more consistently on D. I wouldn't let Enstrom off the hook, either. He's had a lot of good games this season, but he's also had too many poor games.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Early in the season I was frequently criticizing Buff for playing too casually with the puck and defensively. As the season has worn on, I'm also concerned that he just hasn't been a physical presence like he has been in the past. He just isn't as imposing as he used to be, and I think that lack of physical dominance ripples through the team in some games (like against the Avs). But it still comes back to playing more consistently on D. I wouldn't let Enstrom off the hook, either. He's had a lot of good games this season, but he's also had too many poor games.

This is exactly the biggest problem with Buff this year IMO. I honestly can't recall one really big hit he's thrown this year. Remember when he was a wrecking ball, someone go steal all his fishing gear to **** him off.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It's funny how the Atlanta core gets brought up. It's usually Little, Wheeler, Enstrom and Buff that gets talked about. Yet, Thorburn, Pav and Stuart are taking up $7.7M of wasted roster and Cap space.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
It's funny how the Atlanta core gets brought up. It's usually Little, Wheeler, Enstrom and Buff that gets talked about. Yet, Thorburn, Pav and Stuart are taking up $7.7M of wasted roster and Cap space.

It's stupid that gets talked about at all still. How many games did Wheeler even play with the Thrashers before relocation? 20? Debate the veteran core all you want but the've been Winnipeg Jets since 2011.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's stupid that gets talked about at all still. How many games did Wheeler even play with the Thrashers before relocation? 20? Debate the veteran core all you want but the've been Winnipeg Jets since 2011.

It's a lazy narrative. The only thrasher core is Toby and a Little and is Bryan Little really a problem??? Buff and Wheeler were in Atlanta for a cup of coffee and they are the TNSE core through and throug.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Would venture to guess most of the 1290 on air staff read HFBoards Jets (research purposes), criticism here over the lack of accountability by the media on the lack of accountability of the Jets players, coaching, management and ownership may have finally resonated with some of the TSN guys. Six years in it's even dawning on some of the Winnipeg media that maybe, just maybe the team should be a little further along by now and sub .500 in year six is pretty bad. Media guys may have finally caught on to the fact that the Thrashers core were/are kind of a lazy bunch (Wheeler and Little aside) who don't really care if they win or lose.:help:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

So if Pav is making a lot of big saves that means he isn't making a lot of little ones. YOU ****ING HACK WATER CARRIERS.

At this point we should treat anything that comes out the Winnipeg media about Pavelec to be fake news and alternative facts. I'm not even asking them to go after Pavs, just would appreciate this blatant intellectually dishonest tire pumping to stop.

On my twitter feed I saw a tweet about an article about the CBJ being concerned at getting only .896 goaltending during the month of January. Then like 5 tweets later on my timeline I see how happy the Jets are with what Pavelec has done (.894). It's like we live in a parallel reality where everything is upside down.
Some how Pavs has been able to hoodwink everyone from the media to the head coach.

I don't think it's Pavelec or anything to do with him in particular. IMO this is the media falling in line with their TNSE overlords. When I saw the article about today's post-practice interviews and every Jets players + Maurice being asked about the importance of "big timely saves", I knew for sure that the orders had come from up top.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
At this point we should treat anything that comes out the Winnipeg media about Pavelec to be fake news and alternative facts. I'm not even asking them to go after Pavs, just would appreciate this blatant intellectually dishonest tire pumping to stop.

On my twitter feed I saw a tweet about an article about the CBJ being concerned at getting only .896 goaltending during the month of January. Then like 5 tweets later on my timeline I see how happy the Jets are with what Pavelec has done (.894). It's like we live in a parallel reality where everything is upside down.

I don't think it's Pavelec or anything to do with him in particular. IMO this is the media falling in line with their TNSE overlords. When I saw the article about today's post-practice interviews and every Jets players + Maurice being asked about the importance of "big timely saves", I knew for sure that the orders had come from up top.

I don't buy the the overlord thing. The media had no issue throwing the org's goalie of the future under a bus. You'd think if TNSE had anywhere near as much say they would never have let that happen considering they believe in that kid enough to demote Pavs in the first place.

This isn't knee for the media they've adequate excuses for Pavs for years and have always been high on his flashy saves.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I'm going with the notion that the Winnipeg media just knows jack **** about good goaltending (among other things). They honestly believe Pav has rescued this team, who needs overlords to guide that level of stupidity?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Would venture to guess most of the 1290 on air staff read HFBoards Jets (research purposes), criticism here over the lack of accountability by the media on the lack of accountability of the Jets players, coaching, management and ownership may have finally resonated with some of the TSN guys. Six years in it's even dawning on some of the Winnipeg media that maybe, just maybe the team should be a little further along by now and sub .500 in year six is pretty bad. Media guys may have finally caught on to the fact that the Thrashers core were/are kind of a lazy bunch (Wheeler and Little aside) who don't really care if they win or lose.:help:

This board represents a microcosm of the overall Jets fan base. I don't think they're using HF to gauge public perception.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I don't buy the the overlord thing. The media had no issue throwing the org's goalie of the future under a bus. You'd think if TNSE had anywhere near as much say they would never have let that happen considering they believe in that kid enough to demote Pavs in the first place.

This isn't knee for the media they've adequate excuses for Pavs for years and have always been high on his flashy saves.

I'm going with the notion that the Winnipeg media just knows jack **** about good goaltending (among other things). They honestly believe Pav has rescued this team, who needs overlords to guide that level of stupidity?

I can buy that, the only thing that holds me back is the amount of consensus between all the winnipeg people in the mainstream media that cover the Jets. That just seems suspicious

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Agree. I just think that a lot of the media aren't particularly insightful, and some of them don't even do any basic research.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Agree. I just think that a lot of the media aren't particularly insightful, and some of them don't even do any basic research.

I think this is true, plus having Pavelec come back from the AHL is the kind of thing that gets casual fans interested in tuning in more often since he's probably someone they'd have heard of. They'll keep pushing the Pavs is a hero narrative until they have something else to try and get peoples attention. It doesn't seem like his poor play with stop them from saying how great he is anytime soon.

Maybe that doesn't make that much sense, they could easily be talking about Ehlers or any of the other forwards who are tearing it up. :help:

It's amazing talking to my dad who's a huge TSN radio guy and thinks that Pavelec has been better then any of the other Jets goalies. It's not hard to look at stats and see Pavs is near last in the league for save % and even wins less then Helle.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"I'm not saying this is what I'm saying but I'm just saying I'm saying this is what I'm saying."

something something confidence something.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Pavs can’t read the play and is therefore usually out of position whenever the opposition makes a pass/play. Because Pavs “battles” and sometimes makes the save anyway this “isn’t his fault”, rather it’s “bad defence”.

The thing is, for actual NHL starters you don’t get an open cage with just one pass. The goaltender reacts to the play and puts themselves in position to make a save. It may still be a good scoring chance but it’s not an automatic goal, but with Pavs it is. For the Toths’s of the world it’s always the defence at fault never Pavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad