Prospect Info: 122nd Overall 2024 Draft, LHD Aron Kiviharju

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
He was giga promising few years ago. So smooth, skilled and smart. But he's had injury issues, and also it seems like he hasn't been able to improve his skating and he didn't grow. So small, slow + injuries really tanked him.

If he could somehow massively improve his skating, he could become Spurgeon-like.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He was giga promising few years ago. So smooth, skilled and smart. But he's had injury issues, and also it seems like he hasn't been able to improve his skating and he didn't grow. So small, slow + injuries really tanked him.

If he could somehow massively improve his skating, he could become Spurgeon-like.
Good thing we have Ness, who's a magician with helping with player skating

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Aron Kiviharju Scouting Report: 2024 NHL Draft #24

As a stylistic comparison to Kiviharju, a lot of the skillset is similar to that of Jared Spurgeon. Both are undersized players with great hands, vision and a fantastic IQ. Moving the puck around smartly, without having elite skating. If Kiviharju can emulate the Minnesota Wild captain, while staying healthy, he would be a fantastic pick. However, it’s a pick with a lot of “ifs” attached.
The Puhis endorsement does not shock me.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I think the pundits, at least, are going to give the Wild one of the top post-draft grades. 122nd is absolutely the time to grab a kid who most had in the first round as late as Februrary.

Reactions: Slotski

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Oh man, I love this pick. I thought he was going to go in the 2nd. Smaller guy, but I've liked what I've read about him. I believe he fell mostly due to the unknown, as he didn't play much this year, Our defense needs to get bigger, but it also could stand to have a lot of skill and he brings that.

If you can view this video outside of Canada, this is from last year
I can, thanks!

Reactions: Slotski and TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad