hcNa490.png

Pk9l3Gg.png

ebO250e.png

kFcPtgg.png

KMHO0JF.png

5UxOBPw.png

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
If the Lightning were in the Metro their playoff spot wouldn’t be as secure.
Two more points today will be nice.

Go Bolts!!!!

Reactions: Peacefool

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I've found myself at times thinking the Panthers look like they're having the equivalent of our 2019-'20 hangover following the great season and subsequent playoff collapse, but even if we were to the point of meriting "time to worry about Tampa?" threads in mid-December, I don't think we were ever 7 points out of a playoff spot/8 points from a division spot, and with having played excess games at that. Given that the East is so competitive this year, with the Islanders bouncing back and the Sabres and Devils both taking steps forward, there's absolutely no guarantee Florida's gonna be able to climb back into the playoff spots. Whatever. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I've found myself at times thinking the Panthers look like they're having the equivalent of our 2019-'20 hangover following the great season and subsequent playoff collapse, but even if we were to the point of meriting "time to worry about Tampa?" threads in mid-December, I don't think we were ever 7 points out of a playoff spot/8 points from a division spot, and with having played excess games at that. Given that the East is so competitive this year, with the Islanders bouncing back and the Sabres and Devils both taking steps forward, there's absolutely no guarantee Florida's gonna be able to climb back into the playoff spots. Whatever. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.
As you can see when the thread was made we were only 3 points out. We also had games in hand apparently according to a reply.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
As you can see when the thread was made we were only 3 points out. We also had games in hand apparently according to a reply.

Now, if Florida picks up, what was it, 41 out of their next 44 possible points from their next game forward, then, sure, they'll be fine. That's 77 points after 59 games, a 107-point pace, very safely in any conference top-8. That's pretty much what we did after that thread was published and why that thread and Leafs fan is legendary around these parts. But a .932 points percentage is...it doesn't happen very often.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Thank you for the gift that keeps giving with that thread!

Happy new year bolts fans!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hey guys, any news on Cernak? I'm assuming he's out today but haven't seen anything on Twitter or anything. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad