OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm pretty sure it has been just this season, which started at the beginning of September. I only picked up on it last week because I saw someone reply to his post mentioning he played in a game where we got 10 goaled. If it wasn't catching the quoted post, I skipped last his actual post, we would probably still have no idea 😂

Where do you guys play?

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
This is a long shot, but... Has anyone here been to Olympics of any sort and have any idea what to expect re: hospitality package pricing? I signed up (and paid a refundable deposit) to get personalized offers for Milano 2026 (will focus on hockey, of course) and seems like the hospitality package sales will open soon.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
This is a long shot, but... Has anyone here been to Olympics of any sort and have any idea what to expect re: hospitality package pricing? I signed up (and paid a refundable deposit) to get personalized offers for Milano 2026 (will focus on hockey, of course) and seems like the hospitality package sales will open soon.
I think @Appleyard has been to them maybe?

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
So I saw my first concert at the PPL Center in Allentown Monday night. Pretty nice venue for concerts. Duran Duran was also surprisingly still good...thoroughly enjoyed the show..

20241021_213454.jpg
20241021_212616.jpg
20241021_212556.jpg
20241021_215445.jpg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I didn't have to travel for the Olympics in 2010, but event tickets were done by lottery. No idea about the hospitality aspect.

One thing to note for 2010 was that Visa was a marquee sponsor, so tickets could only be purchased using Visa credit cards. If you only had Mastercard, then you wouldn't have been able to get tickets.

I ended up getting tickets to Czechia/Slovakia and Finald/Belarus round robin hockey games. Based on where I got picked in the lottery, all Canada, USA, and medal round tickets were long gone.

We went to some other events, too, but the best part of the Olympic experience for me was going to the country houses and watching events on big screens where those countries were medal hopefuls... like going to the Dutch House and watching speed skating. So even if you can't get to live events that you wanted, make sure you pop into the country houses for a fun experience.

Reactions: trostol

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I didn't have to travel for the Olympics in 2010, but event tickets were done by lottery. No idea about the hospitality aspect.

One thing to note for 2010 was that Visa was a marquee sponsor, so tickets could only be purchased using Visa credit cards. If you only had Mastercard, then you wouldn't have been able to get tickets.

I ended up getting tickets to Czechia/Slovakia and Finald/Belarus round robin hockey games. Based on where I got picked in the lottery, all Canada, USA, and medal round tickets were long gone.

We went to some other events, too, but the best part of the Olympic experience for me was going to the country houses and watching events on big screens where those countries were medal hopefuls... like going to the Dutch House and watching speed skating. So even if you can't get to live events that you wanted, make sure you pop into the country houses for a fun experience.

Thanks a ton for taking your time to write this! I will visit country houses for sure.

I spent 200eur (refundable) to get early access:

As a Priority Access client, your deposit means you'll have the exclusive opportunity to select from Ticket-Inclusive Hospitality packages and Ticket-Inclusive Overnight packages ahead of the general public.

Otherwise, yes - as you stated - it's lottery-based.

The goal is getting to all Latvian hockey team group stage games. Then it gets tricky because you can't get tickets to exact 1/8 final game with Team Latvia playing as you don't know where they will qualify right?

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Thanks a ton for taking your time to write this! I will visit country houses for sure.

I spent 200eur (refundable) to get early access:

As a Priority Access client, your deposit means you'll have the exclusive opportunity to select from Ticket-Inclusive Hospitality packages and Ticket-Inclusive Overnight packages ahead of the general public.

Otherwise, yes - as you stated - it's lottery-based.

The goal is getting to all Latvian hockey team group stage games. Then it gets tricky because you can't get tickets to exact 1/8 final game with Team Latvia playing as you don't know where they will qualify right?
Yeah, the medal round is a crap shoot because it depends on where teams finish in their groups.

In 2010, Canada was expected to win their group, but finished second to the USA and ended up on the other side of the bracket. Those that paid for Canada's expected path to the gold medal game got to watch the US advance to the Final instead. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: ellja3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad