OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know there are some dog lovers in here so everyone say hello to our newest pup, Ripper. Went to an event in town over the weekend that coincided with the two year anniversary of putting down our first dog and this guy was available for adoption. Filled out the application and got approved today.

PXL_20241008_161534835.PORTRAIT.jpg

Playing with our current pup, Nibbler.

PXL_20241008_162112364.MP.jpg

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Who? I'm not a book tuber guy.

Neither am I. He used to be one of the hosts of the best Eagles podcast ever if you can believe it. But he’s always been a huge reader. Then he ran the NFL coverage for Bleacher Report. He’s close with that original Draft Network crew.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They'll be staying at AK Lodge. Disney is always seen as a "good" place to be during a Hurricane so if they can get there they will. Although, after i'm typing that out i'm gonna be a bit screwed if they can't get down there for a few days as they are military and they need to activate our tickets. Absolute first world problems right there, just something that didn't cross my mind until now.

I've seen the path that has it cutting across Florida but haven't seen anything once it gets to the other side. Is there a typical path for a storm on this path once it gets to the Atlantic? I'm just worried about it cutting back to the coast and having to drive through it myself in one of the more northern states.

I guess we'll be on standby to see if when the in-laws will be getting down there.

Disney has had a work email from me for years. I have never once received an email.

Today I got one assuring me I should buy some kind of condo or timeshare. I did an actual LOL. There's just so much to read into the timing.

Anyway, in unrelated news, we took The Child to the Renaissance Fest on Sunday. The only things she wanted were a real sword and a knight's helmet. And on the way home we cut through DC. We were sitting at a light on New York Ave and the wife asked "this is one of the bad parts of town right?" Before I could answer The Child chimed in "No! This can't be a bad part of town! Look at all the stuff people have painted everywhere!" Love that optimism lol

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Anyway, in unrelated news, we took The Child to the Renaissance Fest on Sunday. The only things she wanted were a real sword and a knight's helmet. And on the way home we cut through DC. We were sitting at a light on New York Ave and the wife asked "this is one of the bad parts of town right?" Before I could answer The Child chimed in "No! This can't be a bad part of town! Look at all the stuff people have painted everywhere!" Love that optimism lol
I wouldn't otherwise make this connection were it not about The Child.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Some personal news that is also hockey news.

But seriously go and buy some Gamblers jerseys aha. They are pretty nice so no reason why you shouldnt if you have like 100 dollars spare.

I will actually have to stop posting here though sadly when I am Flyers GM in a few years. :sarcasm:;)

First off, congrats! That's pretty f***ing cool. Dream come true stuff.

Second, and more importantly, please do me a favor and let their webmaster know that you don't use an apostrophe to pluralize a word. Unnecessary apostrophes are the bane of my existence.

1728415738762.png

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Hollywood Cannon

FYI

Last updated on Tuesday, October 8, 2024 at 3:30 PM ET.
Operational Impacts include:

Walt Disney World Theme Parks
On Wednesday, October 9, our theme parks and Disney Springs will be closed in phases beginning at 1:00 PM.

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will close at 1:00 PM
  • Magic Kingdom park, EPCOT and Disney Springs will close at 2:00 PM.
It is likely the theme parks will remain closed on Thursday, October 10. We will consider opening Disney Springs on Thursday in the late afternoon, with limited offerings.
This includes the cancellation of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom park on Thursday, October 10. Event tickets will be refunded.
Disney Resort Hotel Closures

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will temporarily close beginning at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, October 9. They are likely to remain closed until Sunday, October 13.
Transportation

Walt Disney World Transportation will stop operating on Wednesday, October 9 after Disney Springs and the Walt Disney World theme parks close.
Limited Minnie Van and Mears taxi service will be available to Walt Disney World Resort Guests.
Recreation

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will be closed on Wednesday, October 9. Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park remains closed for planned refurbishment.
There are no events planned for ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex until the weekend.
Reservations for Dining and Other Experiences

Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences.
Prepaid bookable experiences will be automatically refunded within 7 to 10 business days.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

But seriously go and buy some Gamblers jerseys aha. They are pretty nice so no reason why you shouldnt if you have like 100 dollars spare.

I will actually have to stop posting here though sadly when I am Flyers GM in a few years. :sarcasm:;)

Congratulations! And don't worry about the posting thing. They've had their sleeper entrenched here for years. I'm sure he'll serve you as faithfully as all the others.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

@Hollywood Cannon yo new jersey just dropped

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Cannon

FYI

Last updated on Tuesday, October 8, 2024 at 3:30 PM ET.
Operational Impacts include:

Walt Disney World Theme Parks
On Wednesday, October 9, our theme parks and Disney Springs will be closed in phases beginning at 1:00 PM.

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will close at 1:00 PM
  • Magic Kingdom park, EPCOT and Disney Springs will close at 2:00 PM.
It is likely the theme parks will remain closed on Thursday, October 10. We will consider opening Disney Springs on Thursday in the late afternoon, with limited offerings.
This includes the cancellation of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom park on Thursday, October 10. Event tickets will be refunded.
Disney Resort Hotel Closures

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will temporarily close beginning at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, October 9. They are likely to remain closed until Sunday, October 13.
Transportation

Walt Disney World Transportation will stop operating on Wednesday, October 9 after Disney Springs and the Walt Disney World theme parks close.
Limited Minnie Van and Mears taxi service will be available to Walt Disney World Resort Guests.
Recreation

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will be closed on Wednesday, October 9. Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park remains closed for planned refurbishment.
There are no events planned for ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex until the weekend.
Reservations for Dining and Other Experiences

Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences.
Prepaid bookable experiences will be automatically refunded within 7 to 10 business days.
Thinking I may just push back the drive to later on Thursday than I had planned and see what the story is then. I'll be avoiding the storm and these closures but who knows what the whole place will look like post storm rolling through.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad