OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Nice!

We are in the same country right now...

just a continent and 1000 miles apart!
I am now a HUGE Portugal fan after spending the last 5 days in the Azores. Will absolutely come back and check out the mainland at some point. The Azores has just been blowing my mind since we got here, it honestly feels like another planet.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Believe me, this has been on my mind almost constantly. You know what the problem is? If I produce with a Japanese lady, I am halving the Japaneseness of the offspring. Every time I wish they were more welcoming, I am reminded that they are protecting all the Japaneseness that I love - it isn't getting diluted by the crap gene pool of every other country.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Believe me, this has been on my mind almost constantly. You know what the problem is? If I produce with a Japanese lady, I am halving the Japaneseness of the offspring. Every time I wish they were more welcoming, I am reminded that they are protecting all the Japaneseness that I love - it isn't getting diluted by the crap gene pool of every other country.

Last time I was in South Philly which is transitioning more into an Asian neighborhoods these days it was like nothing but white dudes with Asian girlfriends. :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Keep Japan Japanese

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Keep Japan Japanese

Preach.

cTyCJ1z.gif

I only need six or seven for myself.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Counterpoint:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Are Hisense good tvs? Lg? TCL?
Late to the question here as I'm not around much these days because the Flyers stink and are way too boring. Chiming in since I've done a lot of research for TVs lately.

For a new TV purchase it is best to go by where the TV will be placed. Is it a well-lit room or a dark room? Is the ability to control light very good or poor? Reason is because if the room is dark or has the ability to get very dark then an OLED TV is going to most likely be the best option. This assumes being good with the burn in risk that comes with OLED screens. For a room that get a lot of light, a LED TV is better.

For the "lower end" brands Hisense and TCL are pretty good. If willing to splurge more on a "higher end" TV then you have LG, Samsung, and Sony to choose from.

LGs make really good OLEDs and are usually the best value for price. Samsung and Sony also make OLED TVs; Samsung OLED TVs look great, but their quality is not as good for hardware and software. Sony OLEDs are most expensive out there, but the build quality is excellent and they have the best TV processor out of any manufacturer.

All TV vendors make LEDs as well and generally the OLED paragraph above applies to the LED TVs from the same brands.

The best time to buy a TV is usually a bit before the Super Bowl or during the transition period from last year's TV models to this year's TV models; actually LG and Samsung TVs are in the transition period now. Sony TVs will be in transition in the next month or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad