Pre-Game Talk: 11/25 @ Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I'm confused by this. In a recent game, just a week ago in Calgary the McDrai line was hooped because McLellan parked Lucic on it for two periods. That completely screwed the breakout in that game and Lucic stopped McDra better than the Flames D could.

Putting Spooner on the line means McDrai essentially are playing almost short handed. Spooner hasn't put in the work, or shown any willingness to do that, all season. I get what you're saying its just a shot, and attempt, but the line was already working. Seems strange to tinker with the one line that was producing.
Lucic couldn’t successfully make a pass on that line, that’s why he killed it.

I don’t know if Spooner will work out but I don’t mind trying it. He’s fast like Caggs so he can keep up, seems to have a decent set of hands too.

If he can’t do something on that line against LA then we know he’s flat out useless.

I’m just hoping Jesse gets a look at some point or at least ANY PP time.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
If one is going to slag another poster one would figure they have some kind of sane point to make.

Spooner has not scored goal(s). He hasn't done much of anything, all season, here, or in NY. We're you somehow thinking of a different player?

Read the post I was responding to before you get sassy.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Read the post I was responding to before you get sassy.

I did, I agreed with it. Spooner has done nothing here, but I guarantee if he even gets one goal or assist tonight people will start talking him up as a great addition. Despite him being a tirefire as a 200ft player and already -5 here.

Strome already has 1G 1A 2pts in NY and playing bottomsix minutes. Spooner is playing nothing but topsix AND PP and has zero pts. its hilarious that Strome is actually leading the turtle derby AND is a far better and reliable 200ft player.

Reactions: OilCountry93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad