Player Discussion #10 Jonathan Huberdeau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm willing to give Huberdeau time and in fact after Gaudreau's second contract was signed (missing training camp etc fiasco) year one wasn't a good one (his worst, probably, as a Flame).

That said nothing I've seen from Huby so far makes me think he's on Johnny's level. I watch the the CBJ games and Gaudreau is already doing what he did here with IMO a shittier supporting cast. IMO Johnny is one of a couple of premier playmakers and elite talents in the league who can pretty much carry a team's offense on his back.

But again, Huby still has a fairly long length of rope in my mind (honestly) and though he hasn't looked great there is potential I'm sure for a significant trend upward.

Gaudreau's worst season is 2019-2020 by far.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Huberdeau will be fine. It's not an easy learning curve to play under Sutter. He only got a handful of games under a top coach like Quenneville before finishing the season with Brunette who was pretty out of his depth.

I thought Panthers fans were exaggerating with his unwillingness to shoot the puck but he's only logged 5 shots in 5 games. Only Lucic and Rooney have fewer. Even on half-chances, he'll favour the pass. This is where Lindholm and Toffoli/a future RW need to step it up to ensure that opposing teams don't take our first line out of the game by double-teaming Huberdeau, a familiar tactic we've seen work well in the Gaudreau era

Huby played few seasons under Quenneville not a handful of games

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't know. Either he's super-jinxed and just in one of those dreadful zones of no confidence and whatever else or he was never nearly as good as heralded. The leash is getting a lot shorter until I go ape-shit on this new fella.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I don't know. Either he's super-jinxed and just in one of those dreadful zones of no confidence and whatever else or he was never nearly as good as heralded. The leash is getting a lot shorter until I go ape-shit on this new fella.

1667367013577.png

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just wondering if Lindy could get in Tres ear to swing a deal between CBJ and us. Johnny for Hubes straight across no questions asked. CBJ is sitting last - maybe Gaudreau wants to get out of there too.

One can dream.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Like does Huberdeau traditionally start slow and we’re unaware of it?? Help
Yes, at least according to one eyewitness account

This, if I had a dollar every time our board bitched and moaned about Huberdeau being "broken" 1 month into the season I would be a millionaire.

Should heat up around December, dont worry Flames fans.

Reminds me of Iginla's notoriously slow starts

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
You'd really thing getting ready to go ape shit on a guy would come from more than 8 games. Some people need to remember it's an 82 game season with whole new guys making up the core of the roster lmao

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You'd really thing getting ready to go ape shit on a guy would come from more than 8 games. Some people need to remember it's an 82 game season with whole new guys making up the core of the roster lmao
This is why players hate playing Canada and why everyone was so surprised he signed with us in the first place. Our fanbase is straight up embarrassing a lot of the time.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Huberdeau spent a decade with one organization, it's going to take him longer than the first month of the season to figure things out with you guys. He'll be fine. Even with us, he had a tendency to start a little slow.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Has the same number of points as Ritchie and Stone after 9 games. Really hope we didn't get Gary Leemaned.

Now have me face the corner and cast thy reprimands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad