Toews
Keith
Kane
Hossa
Roenick
Savard
Chelios
Secord

Can't pick a 9th or 10th yet....too many finalists. To be continued.

Also not picking guys I didn't actually get to see play in my life time. Just a personal choice for this list.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Pirri is very odd to have on your list as i believe he played less then 35 games for the blackhawks

What can I say. Was a big fan of his when he was leading the AHL in scoring. I really believed he could be the answer to our 2nd line woes if Q gave him the opportunity to prove himself. I felt that he never got a fair shake due to his supposed defensive shortcomings.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Of course Havlat out and Hossa in seems to be a big part of what made the Blackhawks into a not just good but an elite team.

I may be blinded by nostalgia colored glasses, but I only agree due the fact that Havlat was so injury prone. I'm happy we signed Hoss instead, because his health has been a blessing. But I feel a healthy Havlat would have been able to help us reach the Cup as well.

Martin Riggs

You wanna see crazy?
Jan 27, 2014
LAPD- Homicide
Good additions. One more, Brent Sutter, I haven't seen him mentioned yet and he scored a huge goal to sweep the Red Wings in 92. Never had use for any of the other Sutters, especially Darryl who was the wrong coach at the wrong time for the Hawks. My Dad used to call him "my other brother Darryl" after the Newhart show. But Brent was huge for us in the playoffs in 92.

Also love the people who added Moose and Elbows above. Dad used to drink with them in the 60's. Plus Reg Fleming, one of the good guys of that team too.

Dang, forgot about Brent. I always thought the Islanders got the better of that trade getting Thomas but Brent was good nonetheless.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
I know this is taking it completely off the tracks, but how about a top ten " man, I thought this guy was going to be good."

1. Ken Yaremchuck
2. Dean McAmmond
3. Reto Von Ark
4. Mario Doyon
5. Remi Royer
6. Dan Vincelette
7. Christian LaFlamme
8. JY Leroux
9. Nathan Davis
10. Simon Denis-Pepin

Guys you either bought into the hype or saw them play and said "this guy is going be a player."

Would you put Jimmy Waite on that list? I remember back then hearing about this unbelievable goalie prospect the Hawks had but he newer seemed to live up to that hype.

Do you think Jeff Shantz lived up to his hype?

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Would you put Jimmy Waite on that list? I remember back then hearing about this unbelievable goalie prospect the Hawks had but he newer seemed to live up to that hype.

Do you think Jeff Shantz lived up to his hype?

I would consider Jimmy for that list, of course we gave up one of the greatest players of all time because we had him in the minors, so that might cloud my perception. Of course his current coaching talents have made me forgive him, a little.

Never was that high on Jeff Shantz, but one guy who disappointed me was Ethan Moreau, he was a solid player for many years, but I remember being so high on him as a rookie.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Became a fan in the late '60s when my dad took us to games, had some long stretches in the '70s, '80s & '90s when I lived out of town or was too busy to follow closely or just pissed off at Dollar Bill, then got serious again when Rocky took over. So my list is heavier at either end of my fandom...

Bobby Hull
Pit Martin
Keith Magnuson
Tony Esposito
Denis Savard
Jeremy Roenick
Chris Chelios
Jonathon Toews
Marian Hossa
Duncan Keith

Nod and a wink to Bobby Jet for including Jerry Korab in his list. Got a puck somewhere in the attic from a deflected King Kong slap shot in '72.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I may be blinded by nostalgia colored glasses, but I only agree due the fact that Havlat was so injury prone. I'm happy we signed Hoss instead, because his health has been a blessing. But I feel a healthy Havlat would have been able to help us reach the Cup as well.
Not if he jumped over the boards at any point in the season.:sarcasm:

IMHO Havat was good, don't get me wrong, but Hossa is/was on a completely different level--especially defensively.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I know this is taking it completely off the tracks, but how about a top ten " man, I thought this guy was going to be good."

1. Ken Yaremchuck
2. Dean McAmmond
3. Reto Von Ark
4. Mario Doyon
5. Remi Royer
6. Dan Vincelette
7. Christian LaFlamme
8. JY Leroux
9. Nathan Davis
10. Simon Denis-Pepin

Guys you either bought into the hype or saw them play and said "this guy is going be a player."

Definitely Tuomo "the savior, best player not in North America" Ruutu. Part of what I said in my honorable mentions.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
60s faves

B. Hull
Doug Jarrett
Gilles Marotte
Pierre Pilote
Lou Angotti
Jimmy Pappin
Pit Martin
Tony O
JP Bordeleau
Maggy

Hawks And More Hawks

Mar 4, 2016

1. Ken Yaremchuck
2. Dean McAmmond
3. Reto Von Ark
4. Mario Doyon
5. Remi Royer
6. Dan Vincelette
7. Christian LaFlamme
8. JY Leroux
9. Nathan Davis
10. Simon Denis-Pepin

I remember a big kid named Everett Sanipass. Mid to late '80's when drafting big forwards was all the rage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad