Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Jacob and I are ready for the opener!!
IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Looking at some of the forecasts, I’m hard pressed to think this game should not be postponed for everyone’s safety. Let the Bruins come home now, plan for a later date. Much as I want real hockey tomorrow, I don’t want players, media crews and fans endangered for our entertainment. Live to fight another day.
I so agree with this

Reactions: sarge88 and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
`

The Bruins are using a new charter company this season after their long-term provider went broke last spring.

The 757 that will take them home tonight is currently in Anchorage :help:
Well that’s a massive problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The latest models don’t have landfall until early morning hours Thursday. Sunrise is on the opposite coast.

Assuming their charter can get to Florida before the game ends, there doesn’t really seem to be a reason to cancel. The team can get out with 24+ hours to spare. To my knowledge, there have been no evacuation orders on the east coast yet.

If the game was in Tampa, totally different story.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Apples and oranges. Debrusk is tiers ahead of Frederic/Geekie type role players in the raw natural talent area which is noticeable in a top 6 role.

The Bruins will miss Debrusk more than we believe. The question is whether Zadorov on defense equals or improves the roster overall vs Debrusk with the similar contracts in my mind.
We will miss the Debrusk of the playoffs and of two/three seasons ago, we won't miss the streakiness and the regular season version from last year.

I do believe it's not as easy as replacing him with Geekie but Geekie was in our top 6 either way last year. The way I see it is for our top 6 and scoring to improve we need:

Lindholm needs to be better than Zacha
Zacha needs to be better than Debrusk
Geekie needs to be better than he was last year in the top 6.

Think all of the above are very doable, but someone will need to step up in the playoffs to fill the void Jake left.

My biggest fear about our top 6 scoring is actually Marchy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a step back to a 50ish point two-way guy again, but we'll see

Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
We had 8 (!) guys near or above 20 goals last year - the idea that secondary scoring was absent, or that it’s a lock it will be this year, is plain old dumb

Pasta, Coyle, Zacha, Marchy are strong bets for 20+

Geekie, Freddie and Elias are fair bets

Braz is an outside shot to hit it

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can't believe Mitchell made this team over Sweezey. If you are going to carry 8 D at least make it your best 8 D. Mitchell is abysmal, besides playing for Monty in college what has he ever done?

Like the forward lines, would flip Frederic and Geekie.
HUGE f***ing joke. He absolutely does not belong on the roster over Sweezy. Sweezy displayed everything that you'd want him to. Toughness, moving the puck up ice, and a great shot from the point and NO reluctance to use it. Another strange Monty decision I suspect?

Reactions: BBruins

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
HUGE f***ing joke. He absolutely does not belong on the roster over Sweezy. Sweezy displayed everything that you'd want him to. Toughness, moving the puck up ice, and a great shot from the point and NO reluctance to use it. Another strange Monty decision I suspect?
I read that Mitchell is hurt so he can't be sent down until healthy, probably only reason he's still up.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Now do playoff stats...

No comparison.

Either way. Geekie and JDB are two totally different players. Can't expect Geekie to play like Jake. Gotta let him play his game. I won't speak for @UConn126 but, I'm curious and interested to see which players step up in secondary scoring area.

The lines were never set last year, so I expect this year to see a lot of movement and trying different things from Monty.

New season. New players. Same goal.

Playoffs:

Debrusk 5-6-11 -5
Geekie 4-1-5 even

No one is expecting Geekie to change his game. Simply to step into the 2nd line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad