Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Way to screw both your goalie that hasn't played against NHLers yet and F over your backups confidence.

Monty's on thin ice, unless this is being pushed on him.
This is taking it at face value. Behind closed doors, I'm sure he's already spoken with both goalies about who is starting. Could just be playing head games with Florida, keeping them on their toes about who they're going to face.

Swayman missed the whole preseason and was practicing with BU, I'm not sure starting him is a good idea but, when do you start him? The season has to begin somewhere for him. Maybe against a weaker Montreal team would be better?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 7, the team’s opening day roster for the 2024-25 season.

Forwards: Johnny Beecher, Justin Brazeau, Charlie Coyle, Trent Frederic, Morgan Geekie, Max Jones, Mark Kastelic, Cole Koepke, Elias Lindholm, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Riley Tufte, Pavel Zacha

Defensemen: Brandon Carlo, Hampus Lindholm, Mason Lohrei, Charlie McAvoy, Andrew Peeke, Parker Wotherspoon, Nikita Zadorov

Goaltenders: Joonas Korpisalo, Jeremy Swayman

The team has also designated forward Matt Poitras and defensemen Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula as Injured Non-Roster.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, October 7, the team’s opening day roster for the 2024-25 season.

Forwards: Johnny Beecher, Justin Brazeau, Charlie Coyle, Trent Frederic, Morgan Geekie, Max Jones, Mark Kastelic, Cole Koepke, Elias Lindholm, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Riley Tufte, Pavel Zacha

Defensemen: Brandon Carlo, Hampus Lindholm, Mason Lohrei, Charlie McAvoy, Andrew Peeke, Parker Wotherspoon, Nikita Zadorov

The team has also designated forward Matt Poitras and defensemen Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula as Injured Non-Roster.

Well that clears up some questions and they squeak under the cap with that lineup.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Yikes who is the 2nd RW here? Geekie? 3C? Seems like 5-6 4th liners.

Reactions: Zillah

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Also I’ve actually for once been distracted by my Vikings and Mets later than normal so I haven’t really been following but how did tufte and koepke make it over Lysell and Merkulov? Were they that bad? Merk not an option at 3c for a little?

Reactions: GloveSave1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad