Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Way to screw both your goalie that hasn't played against NHLers yet and F over your backups confidence.

Monty's on thin ice, unless this is being pushed on him.

Agreed I don’t like that one bit. Personally I wouldn’t be too happy if I was korpisalo if I was being told I was the starter for game 1 the past couple weeks.

Obviously he’s a professional and it’s a business, I just hope he didn’t fly in family for the game and get rug pulled like that.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I won’t be shocked if the game gets postponed. Sometimes there are more important things to consider than a game.

Think hard before you post any comments about them possibly cancelling the game.
I don't think either team wants to play their AHL guys in a rushed makeup season finale in April. Very likely seeding and such could be on the line?

Is there any way to swap the home dates and let them play us Indigenous People's Day? Wonder if there could still be hurricane relief efforts? Trade the later Boston home date?

Unfair in some ways for our home fans but we have also kind of played them too much to begin with having the postseason series. I think it makes sense if they'd rather be on the road and playing hockey.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
IF THEY PLAY TUESDAY NIGHT

7 p.m.ESPN, ESPN+Boston Bruins at Florida Panthers

The Bruins (0-0-0) and Captain Brad Marchand face the Defending Stanley Cup Panthers (0-0-0) and Matthew Tkachuk at Amerant Bank Arena.
Play-by-Play: Sean McDonough

Analyst: Ryan Callahan
Reporter: Emily Kaplan
Rules Analyst: Dave Jackson
In Studio: Steve Levy, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban
Yeah we get to listen to PK and how Swayman robbed the Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If Milton starts tracking toward Fort Myers/Naples they will postpone is the latest info

The issue is the storm could rip through the Everglades and that arena is literally at the edge of the big swamp.

Tampa always seems to duck a direct hit

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
"hasn't ruled out Swayman starting"

=

"if Korpisalo comes down with a massive case of the shits, Swayman gets the net"

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If Milton starts tracking toward Fort Myers/Naples they will postpone is the latest info

The issue is the storm could rip through the Everglades and that arena is literally at the edge of the big swamp.

Tampa always seems to duck a direct hit

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
175 mph? jeez thats a big one stay safe if youre down there and i really hope this does swing east over the atlantic and doesnt track up north to that already devastated zone

Reactions: HustleB

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
IF THEY PLAY TUESDAY NIGHT

7 p.m.ESPN, ESPN+Boston Bruins at Florida Panthers

The Bruins (0-0-0) and Captain Brad Marchand face the Defending Stanley Cup Panthers (0-0-0) and Matthew Tkachuk at Amerant Bank Arena.
Play-by-Play: Sean McDonough

Analyst: Ryan Callahan
Reporter: Emily Kaplan
Rules Analyst: Dave Jackson
In Studio: Steve Levy, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban
I can’t wait to not tune into the studio segments with Mark Messier and PK Subban.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
The right move with Milton incoming, forcast to possibly be a CAT4 before making landfall somewhere around Sarasota.

Given that their ring ceremony was to be tonight, I wonder if this means the game is also going to get rescheduled since it is even closer to the hurricane's landfall? I would think so....the NHL could always just move the game to Boston ;)
Living in West Palm Beach, if the hurricane does make landfall in Sarasota. I don't think the game gets re-scheduled.

But there is the question we don't know. Where does yhe hurricane land on Wednesday ? And at what category ?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Living in West Palm Beach, if the hurricane does make landfall in Sarasota. I don't think the game gets re-scheduled.

But there is the question we don't know. Where does yhe hurricane land on Wednesday ? And at what category ?
The track is still wobbling a bit but it appears that it will be at minimum a Cat 3 at landfall

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
175 mph? jeez thats a big one stay safe if youre down there and i really hope this does swing east over the atlantic and doesnt track up north to that already devastated zone
It won't be a Cat 5 when it hits landfall. Most likely a Cat 4. Hoping for a Cat 3 if anything.

Either way. It's terrifying

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I don't know what to expect honestly. This team never really figured out lines. First few games I hope chemistry is developed. Gonna need someone other than Pasta to score. Secondary scoring is going to be key here.

And maybe one day, our power play will work properly
Ah yes, your pasta agenda - look forward to this!

If I'm the 4th line I'm shooting pucks all day and sending Kastelic in there to cause havoc.
How Kastelic deals with Tkachuk will a pretty interesting situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad