GDT: 10/4/24 Wild @ Hawks (reunion time) CHSN 7:30

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We will see what happens but another season as bad or worse than the last few seasons will be very hard to stomach again. At some point we need to see progress, all these draft picks the last few years, are any of them going to get up here and develop into quality NHL players? And we don’t need 3rd and 4th liners, we need an abundance of studs. When you draft kids not physically mature enough to play in the NHL for years it’s really a crap shoot on what you end up with. It started happening here with the draft about 20 years ago, I am not feeling terribly confident we are heading down that road again.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't think you understand that it's just PRESEASON. Not 1 player in the league has "turned it on" yet. Tirabassi needs to go cover golf.

90% of the players are just out there for a skate.

You judge NOTHING from preseason games.

Just don't get injured. That is most of the players mindset.

The cheques haven't begun to roll in yet. Players turn it on when that begins and the standings actually matter.

So the Hawks haven’t turned it on yet but other teams have? If other teams haven’t turned it on yet as well I dread to think what it will be like when they do.

I do expect the Hawks to be better than this, it’s almost impossible not to be.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
This team will be noticeably better than last year.
if it's not, and this team that ditched the likes of taylor raddysh and jared tinordi isn't a noticeable improvement, that's really bad. i'm giving them the month of october to show me anything before lurich completley loses my faith. from there i will begin to lose faith with the front office.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So the Hawks haven’t turned it on yet but other teams have? If other teams haven’t turned it on yet as well I dread to think what it will be like when they do.

I do expect the Hawks to be better than this, it’s almost impossible not to be.
The point is: don't make any judgements until at least 5+ games into the RS. Some of the kids are trying their best to make the team but most of the other players are coasting.

That said, Wild look like they have improved significantly. Hawks will be older with a few retreads and should be better without the rookie mistakes that plagued them last season.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I don't think you understand that it's just PRESEASON. Not 1 player in the league has "turned it on" yet. Tirabassi needs to go cover golf.

The cheques haven't begun to roll in yet. Players turn it on when that begins and the standings actually matter.

Going to disagree. Quite a few guys could have played their way onto the opening night roster even if just for a few NHL games to start the season.

Nobody really stood out, Nazar being the most disappointing although I wish he had gotten at least one if not two more preseason games.

Reactions: Pez68

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
The point is: don't make any judgements until at least 5+ games into the RS. Some of the kids are trying their best to make the team but most of the other players are coasting.

That said, Wild look like they have improved significantly. Hawks will be older with a few retreads and should be better without the rookie mistakes that plagued them last season.
Just watch last night's highlights on NHL.com. It's a microcosm of the entire game--early in the highlights they look decent, active, and engaged yet after a few goals everyone goes into some mopey trance of just wanting to be anywhere but on the ice. It looks exactly like last season and the season before that. I don't care if a player hates the coach, is mad that the goalie let in a few soft goals, and his linemates won't stop farting you still have to play for yourself, have some pride, and play for your next contract if nothing else. The back half of the game was just them running out the clock.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I'm not sure how this argument holds any water. The other teams are treating it the same way. And in a few of those games, the Hawks played against mostly non-NHL talent.... Their play has been absolutely abysmal, and, at some point, their structure and compete level needs to improve. This coaching staff ain't it.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I'll watch the Wolves like I did in the Maltais era.

Efff these guys, from top to bottom. Show some pride for an O6 team.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Just breathe everyone. Team was always going to be bottom five and the raw talent is still much better than last year. I'll eat crow if they're as dismal over the full 82 as they have been for the last couple of years, but I don't see it happening.

This talk about poisoning the well for Bedard is so ridiculous at this point. If they win a few of the first handful of games of the season please don't tell me the same people are going to be worrying that the team won't be picking high enough in the draft (as some did last year when the team was 2-2 after four games)

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just breathe everyone. Team was always going to be bottom five and the raw talent is still much better than last year. I'll eat crow if they're as dismal over the full 82 as they have been for the last couple of years, but I don't see it happening.

This talk about poisoning the well for Bedard is so ridiculous at this point. If they win a few of the first handful of games of the season please don't tell me the same people are going to be worrying that the team won't be picking high enough in the draft (as some did last year when the team was 2-2 after four games)
People want to see improvement in their play, even if that improvement doesn't manifest itself in the standings. We're not seeing any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad