GDT: 10/4/24 Wild @ Hawks (reunion time) CHSN 7:30

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Ya know I'm just gonna say it....I don't see "generational" when i watch Bedard play. Idc how early it is in his career, i think that's a level you know when you see it. Now this doesn't mean he isn't still an amazing player, a legit young stud 1C who we can build around, someone who should be an All-star as long as he's healthy, etc. But when you watch young Mario/Crosby/McDavid etc. you just see something different. A certain level of explosiveness and ability that i just don't see in Bedard. Thats just my opinion.
I for some reason think this to myself pretty often as well. Maybe it's because we watched Kane and Toews in their younger days. Anytime they had the puck on their stick I felt comfortable because it felt like they could make that impossible play.

With Bedard I just feel that hes gonna get the puck try and make some move and its gonna go off the defenders stick/skate and into the corner or boards etc. You're right about him being a bonafide 1C, just dont know about the generational aspect to it yet. His surrounding cast has also been dysmal. Just so hard to tell. The hype was also insane, have to give him a break for being so young still.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
But pre-season doesn't count. BS. They should be ramping up this game. I thought they might get 20 wins last year. Honestly, this team as built lucky to get that.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
The Hawks were last in GF at 179 last season. On paper you would think they could pick up maybe 50 GF at least over last year. I'm not feeling it though. Even with 50 more GF they would still be terrible.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

My thoughts regarding the “it’s just preseason” folk

What a stupid thing to say. (The quote)

The only players that are going all out in pre season are players with non guaranteed contracts and rookies trying to make the team.

Is this Mario's 1st year covering hockey?

Does he not know that most players are giving half an effort and trying to not get hurt?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
The Hawks were last in GF at 179 last season. On paper you would think they could pick up maybe 50 GF at least over last year. I'm not feeling it though. Even with 50 more GF they would still be terrible.
If "on paper" you're referring to the kind used to potty train puppies, sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad