GDT: 10/4/24 Wild @ Hawks (reunion time) CHSN 7:30

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
OK, it's preseason, too early for any assessments but currently Bertuzzi looks the same as he did in TO. If he didn't impress while playing with Mathews/Marner, I don't see him impressing anyone here either.

Reactions: Dead Meat

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Ya know I'm just gonna say it....I don't see "generational" when i watch Bedard play. Idc how early it is in his career, i think that's a level you know when you see it. Now this doesn't mean he isn't still an amazing player, a legit young stud 1C who we can build around, someone who should be an All-star as long as he's healthy, etc. But when you watch young Mario/Crosby/McDavid etc. you just see something different. A certain level of explosiveness and ability that i just don't see in Bedard. Thats just my opinion.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
OK, it's preseason, too early for any assessments but currently Bertuzzi looks the same as he did in TO. If he didn't impress while playing with Mathews/Marner, I don't see him impressing anyone here either.

The fact that he's one of our key acquisitions/upgrades at forward goes to show you just how bad last years roster was. We went from being one of the worst lineups/collection of NHL-caliber talent in league history to simply one of the top 2-3 worst lineups/collections of NHL-caliber talent currently in the league.

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
But let's not blame the GM.....

Said all along the rebuild stopped the second they won Bedard and that building a winner should have been expidited. Nope, drafting questionable players with questionable traits (speed and compete broz) instead of winners, not trading and surrounding Bedard with winners, letting your two greatest winners leave in Toews and Kane for nothing.... the problem is the GM.

In five years, when this team hasn't won anything, and these draft picks don't pan out, how many will still be behind this guy and his superfan EA sports GM mode takes on building a Cup winner?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
For those saying it’s just preseason I might be understanding now. They are trying to trick every other team in the NHL into thinking they are really bad and catch them off guard in the regular season. Now I got it, it’s brilliant

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Has there ever been a coach fired in preseason? Because it would be deserved at this point.

Tough preseason for Bedard honestly. Hasn’t looked comfortable.
The Luke Richardson effect of destroying every young player.

It should be Kurashev on PP1 not Hall. Coaches are always the last to figure it out, especially stupid ones.

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
But let's not blame the GM.....

Said all along the rebuild stopped the second they won Bedard and that building a winner should have been expidited. Nope, drafting questionable players with questionable traits (speed and compete broz) instead of winners, not trading and surrounding Bedard with winners, letting your two greatest winners leave in Toews and Kane for nothing.... the problem is the GM.
They gutted their team to get Bedard in the first place and were left with a trash prospect pool thanks to Bowman. You could argue they expedited their rebuild too much this offseason by adding Bertuzzi and Teuvo if this team is completely trash again with no improvements

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
For those saying it’s just preseason I might be understanding now. They are trying to trick every other team in the NHL into thinking they are really bad and catch them off guard in the regular season. Now I got it, it’s brilliant
The Bears looked like the best team in the NFL in preseason and looked completely lost their first few games. I understand NHL is different than the NFL but preseason is meaningless. I don't remember any of the preseasons during the Cup run.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Minnesota broadcast crew just said all the new guys on Hawks ...not in sync with each other...camp not long enough (and yet Bettman wants to cut pre-season downtown add extra reg. Season games...Obvioysly that hurts teams early who have infused a lot new guys on the teameven ifvthey are vets..So any team in a future pre-season of just 4 games will he hampered Early in trying g to get such a large infusion to gel with each other.

Hawks now already past that 4th game into 5th..

Probably means teams trying g larger infusions even of vets may have to cut kids Before any pre-srason games.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They gutted their team to get Bedard in the first place and were left with a trash prospect pool thanks to Bowman. You could argue they expedited their rebuild too much this offseason by adding Bertuzzi and Teuvo if this team is completely trash again with no improvements
Can't expedite a rebuild if the guys you bring in aren't winning games

Teuvo and Bertuzzi are just here so that Bedard can play with guys that aren't AHLers

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It looks like Hawks will struggle to score goals all season long. The talent is simply not there - there is no finish on this roster ... it must be Luke's fault.
Yeah, no coach can make a roster of primarily 4th liners score goals.

Team needs Nazar to provide offense.

Team also needed Kyle to offload Reichel a long time ago, before he lost all his value. Now he's off to waivers.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Better period from Hawks so far.. ...But best scoring g chances came from Foligno and Anderson...not much for the guys counted onto score for the Hawks.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
i know what i said before about hallamania running wild hasn't panned out so far, but i don't think kurashev is much of an answer in that spot either.
Nah Kurashev has legit chemistry with Bedard. And he’s not flubbing everything like Hall is, which is killing the powerplay. Hall is only there because of his name right now. It’s not based on how well he’s playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad