GDT: 10/3/13 "The Hunt For Red October" - Panthers VS Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
The most important moment in the game was this...

When someone got a bit too physical with Thomas, the team reacted like a rabid dog that had been smacked in the face.

We are so used to the team meekly standing around while opposing players poke at and jostle our netminders in years past.

It was refreshing to see, and IMO a signature moment, not just for the game, but for the upcoming season.

This team has spirit.

The second most important moment in the game was Sasha "The Rock" Barkov planted in the crease and popping in the tying goal.

We have always needed a 1C. We have always cried for someone who could plant themselves in the crease and dare the opposition to try and move him out. It's way to early to say for sure, but it's not too early to start getting excited.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

When someone got a bit too physical with Thomas, the team reacted like a rabid dog that had been smacked in the face.

We are so used to the team meekly standing around while opposing players poke at and jostle our netminders in years past.

It was refreshing to see, and IMO a signature moment, not just for the game, but for the upcoming season.

This team has spirit.

The second most important moment in the game was Sasha "The Rock" Barkov planted in the crease and popping in the tying goal.

We have always needed a 1C. We have always cried for someone who could plant themselves in the crease and dare the opposition to try and move him out. It's way to early to say for sure, but it's not too early to start getting excited.

Agree. That type of play is contagious. I credit Thomas for inspiring Weaver and Kulikov. Great to see.

Barkov is going to be a bigger/stronger Anze Kopitar, imo. I see a Kopitar/Thornton hybrid.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

This team has spirit.

Agree. Loved what Barkov and Hubs showed together, some future we have.

LOVED the fights! Something we saw almost none of last season. Hope it keeps up, pretty sure it will with TT here.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think Thomas will get the start in St. Louis as he played respectively well last night and you might as well ride the hot hand. Depending on what happens tomorrow night will probably determine who plays in Philly. Then, with the back to backs, I'm sure Markstrom will play in either Tampa or in the home opener vs. the Pens. Down the line, I just question how many games Thomas will be able to handle at his age if he plays well throughout the season.

That is a good point about Thomas possibly needing extra rest,particularly given his age and acrobatic style.Personally, I think he will be fine.I wish he was still a Boston Bruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark