GDT: 10/25/24 Hawks @ Preds 7:30 EsPN+

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Funny thing about the Brodie contract is he has the same agent that got Darnell Nurse the bag

Dude must have insane charisma

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I was at a football game tonight (my Ottawa Redblacks beat Hamilton 37-31 in a meaningless game since Hamilton missed the playoffs,and Ottawa already had locked up 3rd place in the Eastern Conference of the CFL ....but itid dod mean Ottawa finishrd with a winning record for the first time in several years at 9-8-1...Anyway a big offebsive contest with Ottawa getting 534 yards and Hamilton put up 533 ...the game came down to Hamilton failing to score with 3 tries fron the Ottawa 3 yard line....entertaining game but terrible defense in this one.) So I missed the firstc2 periods and about a minute and a half of the start of the 3rd....I started watching at that point when I got home from the football game and the score was 2-2...About mid 3rd Nashville Nashville made a big push and dominated till they scored...Hawks hemnedvin the d-zobe for what seemed like 4 or 5 minutes.. itcwas awful to watch that ...you knew Nashville would eventually score on that push.. HWks looked slow...tired..devoid of wsntvto win puck battles...hemnedvin Hawks players tired and could not move feet at the pace and urgentvdesire Nashville pressed on them..You knew watching that surrender that this Hawks team is headed for a bottom 5 finish..
Too bad tgexwinnig goal by Nashville was a Geberstional own goal deflection into our net by Allan..sure bad luck...but you just knew Nashville would somehow score given Hawks were so dominant hemmed in the d-zone..

Anyway ..I see Bedard got a goal....but not multiple goals or multiple points.. And without any otger scoribg from the top line,1 goal from that line is not enough offe nse..

I see comments agaibst S.Jones for beibg a cause of epic Pp fails ...butcI am more concerned that ourc$9.5 1D was so useless getting pucks separated from Nashville forwatds and unable to get pucks out when the Nashville press and hemming in push started ..
I saw Jones chasing but failing g tovstip tge puck carrier and disrupt tge pressure to end lengthy hem-ins...It is like watching futility in action.

Not tgat Niobe else did what was required eitgwr to get pucks back and out ..but they do not make $9.5 lijke Jones does...thus the scrutiny of his fails stands out more..

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
Every game we realize how much Bowman screwed this team
Lol wat?

Bowman didn't trade Debrincat and Hagel for nothing, drafted the best young defenseman on the team in Vlasic and the second best young defenseman in Allan, and also drafted Reichel who many or many not be turning the corner.

Davidson screwed this team. With horrible free agent signings bringing in washed up players, questionable draft picks outside of the easy first overall and second overall, getting rid of Kane, Cat, and Hagel, who just so happens to have what, six goals already, and has cultivated a losing mentality on a franchise that BOWMAN turned into a winner that a minority of the fan base had bought into like a snake oil salesmanship with a bag of pinto beans telling that same minority of a fanbase that those same beans are magical.

Nope, can't get mad at Bowman for being addicted to having parades with the games biggest prize as the main exhibit and doing everything in his power to keep the team competitive while his key players still had gas in the tank.....

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Reichel is starting to put things together.

Rinzel is a f***ing stud.

Hawks play a close game and help their chances at drafting Hagens/Misa/Martone/etc.

Not a bad night, organizational speaking.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Where are all the kurashev stans? From what I’ve seen and heard he shouldn’t miss a game. Dude has no future with the team and you should get use to it. Real quick.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Lol wat?

Bowman didn't trade Debrincat and Hagel for nothing, drafted the best young defenseman on the team in Vlasic and the second best young defenseman in Allan, and also drafted Reichel who many or many not be turning the corner.

Davidson screwed this team. With horrible free agent signings bringing in washed up players, questionable draft picks outside of the easy first overall and second overall, getting rid of Kane, Cat, and Hagel, who just so happens to have what, six goals already, and has cultivated a losing mentality on a franchise that BOWMAN turned into a winner that a minority of the fan base had bought into like a snake oil salesmanship with a bag of pinto beans telling that same minority of a fanbase that those same beans are magical.

Nope, can't get mad at Bowman for being addicted to having parades with the games biggest prize as the main exhibit and doing everything in his power to keep the team competitive while his key players still had gas in the tank.....
Wow not sure if this is serious but that's definitely one way to look at it....

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Where are all the kurashev stans? From what I’ve seen and heard he shouldn’t miss a game. Dude has no future with the team and you should get use to it. Real quick.

I'm not Kurashev fan but he should be getting second or at a minimum third line ice time to see if he can elevate his game.

Especially considering when he's fighting for time with guys like Donato, Anderson, etc who don't have any potential to try and unlock.

Reactions: statswatcher

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
Is there a stat counted for how many times a player has his shot blocked (or maybe the percentage for blocks/shot attempts?) Jones has to be at the top of that list
the only way i've ever been able to figure this out is to go to a player's individual stats on natural stat trick and either subtract shots on goal from iCF for the total amount of missed or blocked shots, or divide shots by iCF to get the ratio shots on goal per shot attempt. seth jones is at ~52% on the year. for individual games you can look it up on nhl gamecenter and find the event summary and there you will find a breakdown of missed shots and blocked shots. last night jones had 4 of his shots blocked, more than anyone on either team. no one else on the hawks had even 2 (though vlasic did miss 3 attempts). i don't know if anyone aggregates these stats anywhere public, but they absolutley should.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I still can’t get over the decision making by Jones with the goalie pulled.

He has a peanut brain. Such shit decision making and even worse effort for me.

I seriously can't wait for when Levshunov and Rinzel are ready and we won't have to see this guy on the top two pairs (or hopefully on the team at all).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The first 2 Nashville goals caused by Nashville rush right up the middle solution g through 2 Hawks d-pairs ..With 2 dmen there confronting 1 Nashville attacker successfully splitting between them to score...this cannot happen at any level of hockey ..Hawks had defenders back 2 vs.1 puck rusher and yet neither dman takes the rusher out...how is it possible nobody hit him off the puck?

Well start with Brodie then Jones...cannot even execute their job even when in position to do so....Those goals never should have been allowed to happen.. not on a 1 on 2 rush up the gut..

But to happen twice ...yikes! LR should be disgusted with those dmen responsible for the basic FAILS ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad