GDT: 10/24/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
While Cernak had his head up his ass on that play, Vasilevskiy needs to stop that shot from Eriksson Ek IMHO
All those close range chances were definitely tough save opportunities, but as I said, when you are supposed to have a top 3-5 goalie in the league (and the 1nd highest paid), you hope at least one of them might get saved.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
We looked like the more talented team and Wild looked like the better coached team.
Because THEY ARE the better coached team and it's not even close. People think Florida went from being a joke to a contender because of the Tkachuk trade but no he's only the 3rd best player on his team. The reason is Paul Maurice. It's been 3rd year and i still dont understand how it's not obvious to anyone that Сooper can be good with an all-star team, but this Tampa needs someone else.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Despite the poor 3rd period, the blunders and no saves on all those goals aren't on Cooper. Guys missed coverage assignments on two of them at least. The offense disappeared in the 3rd after they had been more dynamic and aggressive in the 1st and 2nd. Minnesota defended very well and Fleury didn't face as many high danger chances. He made the saves he had to and had a much less sloppy defense in front of him. Oh well, hopefully they commit less of them next game and convert on a few more chances.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don’t think we tested Fleury enough. Wild didn’t give us much controlled possession time

Wild played a defensive game, hard to run amok on a team committed to playing D at all costs.

Geekie is damn close to breaking out and going on a heater.

He's definitely one of our 6 best offensive forwards and I'm glad he's being utilized as such.

Having said that, lots of holes still. Part of the development process, but glad he's not spending time in AHL, He's earned his keep

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
I wonder if there is another team in the league where bottom 6 scored just 1 goal in 7 games. and even this goal happened when Chaffee was on a shift with the second line

Reactions: T REX

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I wonder if there is another team in the league where bottom 6 scored just 1 goal in 7 games. and even this goal happened when Chaffee was on a shift with the second line
I think expectations should be lowered for them, honestly. They are not good offensively. Especially the makeup of the bottom six.

Atkinson, Ace, Girgensons, Glendening, and Chaffee....

Ace and Chaffee are probably the biggest letdowns because they have potential to hit 10-15. Ace looks poor with the puck if he isn't twirling around the net on his edges. Glendening and Girgensons? Expecting offense there is by and large a waste of time, especially with both of them on the same line. Vanilla and more vanilla is still vanilla. Can't really fault Atkinson as we took a low risk/high reward chance with him, but this isn't really a surprise. We desperately need a legitimate middle six RW. Not a fractured back, 4'3" 30pt forward. A legitimate NHL middle six RW. We desperately lack that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad