GDT: 10/22/13 - Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Get Parise and Koivu split up already..Granlund has the vision to get Parise the puck in a situation where he doesn't have to do all the work to score by swatting some puck. When will Yeo realize Parise/Koivu just doesn't work.

Its time.

THEALLKNOWING*

I am not a huge Spurgeon fan, but even before the game saver, it may have been the best game I have seen him play. Also, momentum changer may have been prolonged time in the offensive zone by the fourth line. I thought they were the best forward line tonight.

Yeo said they considered putting Fonzie with MK and ZP because he is a right-handed shot! MK and Yeo apparently had talked about it. Really had nothing to do with Nino's play, just has three lefties, and needed a rightie.

Obviously a shutout speaks volumes for Harding, but he wasn't necessarily tested that much. More of a team effort to get the shutout.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Get Parise and Koivu split up already..Granlund has the vision to get Parise the puck in a situation where he doesn't have to do all the work to score by swatting some puck. When will Yeo realize Parise/Koivu just doesn't work.

Its time.

it's a moronic idea considering we're doing everything right but scoring, with really crazily low shooting percentages. those two together are controlling every line they play against.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
the way our team is keeping the other locked down in their zone most of the night can only help our weaker D look good. He seems to be more active with the body which is something we really need--think he's gaining confidence, and getting comfortable with the fact that so far his partners and forwards can cover if he takes himself out of position every once in a while.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

Its time.

I think he is scared to or something.. he probably feels like Parise is the one he'd want on the first line but he doesn't know how to tell his captain he is slipping to the second line. It is ridiculous, look at Crosby and Malkin though that's not the greatest example since they play the same position. But I feel like he just wouldn't know how to go there. This is purely spec on my end though and he's probably not even considered it. :laugh:

Last edited:

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
it's a moronic idea considering we're doing everything right but scoring, with really crazily low shooting percentages. those two together are controlling every line they play against.

Are we scoring though? No. You don't win games if you don't score. Doesn't matter how thoroughly you control play. If you essentially just play keep away and never score, it doesn't matter. That's what your third line is for. Your top line is for putting the biscuit in the back of the net. Koivu is limiting that ability.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Dunno if any of you guys regularly checking this thread have viewed the News & Notes thread.

Basically, Russo said via Twitter:

HXlU5aO.png

and a little bit later:
m0Yg4Aq.png

purexed

Sep 1, 2013
Minnesota
I think he is scared to or something.. he probably feels like Parise is the one he'd want on the first line but he doesn't know how to tell his captain he is slipping to the second line. It is ridiculous, look at Crosby and Malkin though that's not the greatest example since they play the same position. But I feel like he just wouldn't know how to go there. This is purely spec on my end though and he's probably not even considered it. :laugh:

it would be kinda weird seeing the apprentice take over the master this soon in his career. But, if it helps the team maybe Yeo should do it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Koivu would be an elite 3rd line center. He is an average 1/2 center. But he needs to be broken up with Parise and Parise needs to be put with Granlund immediately.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
it's shortsighted and stupid. right now, keeping the puck away from the other team is what is keeping us in games.
the shooting percentage is unsustainably low, and will get better. Historically most of Parise's goals are of the work hard and whack at it variety, not being fed pretty passes or set up in the slot. i don't know what you people are high on to think that he's being held back in any way.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
But how long do we wait for results from them? We need goals. Now! Yeah, the opportunities are there, but they don't count on the scoreboard. How many games do we go with scoring a single goal and falling in the standings before we try splitting them? If it doesn't work, they can easily be put back together.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We need a first line, a 2nd line, a 3rd line, and a 4th line. Not three 3rd lines and a 4th line, which is about how our scoring stacks up.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Parise is not, will not become, and has never been, a sniper.

He scores tons of gritty, needed goals. I honestly don't care how games are won or how goals are scored. In my opinion, the most important thing is winning no matter what. Parise is the hardest worker on this team, sets an example, leads, scores goals, makes plays, and plays solid all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad