Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, it was during the Sens game, so he was commenting on the goalie stick hit. He was in a lot of pain when the Tufts was helping him. That was some real dark blood he was spiting out in a stream, too.

Bleedin gums Burnzie.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, it was during the Sens game, so he was commenting on the goalie stick hit. He was in a lot of pain when the Tufts was helping him. That was some real dark blood he was spiting out in a stream, too.

He got hit in the mouth again in the Calgary game, I'm guessing there's a bit more going on then sore gums.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PollakOnSharks 2:03pm via Web
Not much new from #SJSharks GM Doug Wilson on Brent Burns injury other than it's not expected to be long-term.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Must have been one nasty hit. Burns is a tough guy that's for sure. Most guys would probably be on the ice afterward but Burns just skated off, though he was definitely swearing like a sailor.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
that's it, Sharks need to institute a new policy that all players wear full cages

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Just realized this but burns in 8 games has 8 points is a plus 8 and has 8 pms for number 88. Lol weird

SubbanForCouturier

Sep 19, 2012
Montreal
Thought posting questions on Burns injury in a "Burns injury" post would be appropriate lol. Not because im not a Sharks' fan means i cant post here, right? im not asking for his value, just info on his injury.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Thought posting questions on Burns injury in a "Burns injury" post would be appropriate lol. Not because im not a Sharks' fan means i cant post here, right? im not asking for his value, just info on his injury.

And he answered you clearly and concisely. We have no idea what the injury is or when he'll be back. It could literally be next game, or done for the season as far as we know. There is some indication that he should be back sooner rather than later, but with this organization that really means nothing.

He also provided you with a link to our fantasy thread since it appeared to be a fantasy question, in case you had further questions.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 56s
Still out tomorrow, skated solo this morning RT @Brian_Neumann: @KKurzCSN what's going on with Burns?

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Damnit, looks like no Burns again tomorrow.. Must be some serious **** if he's out for this long for some mouth injury.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Damnit, looks like no Burns again tomorrow.. Must be some serious **** if he's out for this long for some mouth injury.

Not to imply I think its the same situation, but a few years ago I go into the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and xrays. They take the xrays, and the assistant gets all quiet, then runs off to talk to the dentist. I am thoroughly weirded out at this point (I take excellent care of my teeth). Anyway he comes back and tells me "Your wisdom tooth is upside down, I have never seen anything like it". Sure enough, it is almost completely inverted inside my gums. Also, the bone is infected below it. He says I will need to see a dental surgeon, I say ok sounds good give me his number... "No no, you don't understand, you need to see a dental surgeon, like right now. I am calling one I know that is good at this, you are going over there immediately". Apparently I was in serious danger of actually dying from this as the infection was serious and they were afraid it was going to get into my blood stream.

Ended up having to have the tooth broken up, removed, and a good portion of my jaw drilled out. It all healed back as good as new, but at the time it was pretty crazy to go from dental cleaning to calling my wife and telling her she had to come take me to surgery RIGHT NOW. I expect this is sort of what is happening here, they thought Burns had a minor issue, dentist looked at it and found a bigger issue, Burns is recovering. I know I had to be very careful for a few months because my jaw was very thin where they had drilled it out and there was a good chance of it breaking in a very bad spot if I wasn't careful.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Not to imply I think its the same situation, but a few years ago I go into the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and xrays. They take the xrays, and the assistant gets all quiet, then runs off to talk to the dentist. I am thoroughly weirded out at this point (I take excellent care of my teeth). Anyway he comes back and tells me "Your wisdom tooth is upside down, I have never seen anything like it". Sure enough, it is almost completely inverted inside my gums. Also, the bone is infected below it. He says I will need to see a dental surgeon, I say ok sounds good give me his number... "No no, you don't understand, you need to see a dental surgeon, like right now. I am calling one I know that is good at this, you are going over there immediately". Apparently I was in serious danger of actually dying from this as the infection was serious and they were afraid it was going to get into my blood stream.

Ended up having to have the tooth broken up, removed, and a good portion of my jaw drilled out. It all healed back as good as new, but at the time it was pretty crazy to go from dental cleaning to calling my wife and telling her she had to come take me to surgery RIGHT NOW. I expect this is sort of what is happening here, they thought Burns had a minor issue, dentist looked at it and found a bigger issue, Burns is recovering. I know I had to be very careful for a few months because my jaw was very thin where they had drilled it out and there was a good chance of it breaking in a very bad spot if I wasn't careful.

That is so completely messed up bro.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

OK, no candy for you then :laugh:

In all seriousness, that is very scary. I can't imagine the shock/fright you went through. That's why I had brought up the maxilla bone as a possible problem for Burns. The minute that it was reported that sinus issues were involved, I knew the stick damage went deeper than just the gums.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad