GDT: 10/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Can someone brief me in on what happened because my feed decided that I am not deserving of seeing us score another goal.
Hedmonster gets puck.
Carolina says "no way Kuch gets this"
0.3 seconds later Kuch gets the puck, goal.

Never doubted it.

Reactions: JoVel

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vasy doesn't look horrible

Understatement he's playing great, defense is doing a stellar job cleaning up the front of the net. Offense needs to gel though, bottom 6 has more chemistry than the top 6 right now.

There were people who seriously didn't think our defense was going to be improved over last year :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No 5v5 goals so far, but we look much more organized this year ES
Defensively, yeah. Feels like we are seeing the occasional hiccup and then Vasy's doing his job. Last year there were a lot more hiccups and Vasy hiccupping right along with them.

Reactions: Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Understatement he's playing great, defense is doing a stellar job cleaning up the front of the net. Offense needs to gel though, bottom 6 has more chemistry than the top 6 right now.

There were people who seriously didn't think our defense was going to be improved over last year :laugh:
I think we're going to see Hagel on the top line within a few games. We know that works, and maybe Guentzel can gel better with Line 2.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think we're going to see Hagel on the top line within a few games. We know that works, and maybe Guentzel can gel better with Line 2.

Just too much vanilla with Hagel and Cirelli on the same line, unless they're on a rush they can't create anything.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I feel like Brind'Amour deserves more criticism for coaching a style that struggles in the playoffs. The whole "shoot from anywhere" thing is just a recipe for a perimeter team.
Canes don't get nearly as much criticism for their playoff losses as they deserve. It's not that they've never pulled through, they haven't even been close. They always get beaten with ease by the top teams in the East. I can't point to a single area that's lacking, but when the going gets tough there's just not enough game breaking talent in that roster.

Reactions: DFC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $156.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1