GDT: 10/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
he could if he wanted to. it's kind of funny that both him and point used to be good all around players and now they just don't bother playing any defense
Coop doesn't put Kucherov out there on empty net situations just to pad his stats, despite what the main boards might say.

Reactions: ccman68

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the Lightning had played that seventh preseason game, Geekie might be better adjusted.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
geekie is fine. you learn by making mistakes. good for him to see what works at this level and what doesn't. though if he keeps doing this shit then we'll have a problem
I'm guessing he's been told not to do that.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I'm guessing he's been told not to do that.
maybe. but you don't want to limit talented players and turn him into a grinder so maybe they just told him to go out there and play his game

vasy making blocker saves... we're winning the cup

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think the fact that we are playing Carolina is also effecting how fast we like to play. They are good at slowing things down.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
When Atlanta re-joins the league, maybe they'll reconfigure the divisions, but I don't think TB playing Carolina is that much of a draw for either fan base.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, but he made boneheaded defensive mistakes. Talent always comes through, let Geekie skate in the "extended" preseason the first two weeks of this weird year.
I really don't remember much boneheaded about Cirelli early on. If anything, he set expectations too high for himself because of how surprisingly good he was early in his career.

Nobody's saying Geekie's gonna be bad. But the decision in question was more Drouin than Cirelli, and you've only got so many of those before Cooper stops using you in the short term.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I really don't remember much boneheaded about Cirelli early on. If anything, he set expectations too high for himself because of how surprisingly good he was early in his career.
I remember the first few games, he tended to overskate the play and let some plays happen behind him instead of staying with his man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad