Confirmed with Link: 1 year $825K for Berggren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Ok now either make yourself to take out of the lineup or valuable enough to be trade bait.

I mean, he should've been in the lineup several times in March and only wasn't because of his waiver exemption.

Can't really tell me Czarnik and Zach Aston-Reese were more deserving of that spot once Berggren had hit 79 games.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Hey, it’s almost like Yzerman knows what he’s doing and you just need to relax

That's PREPOSTEROUS! We know more than all the stupid GM's combined on HFB. There are posters here who would put Steve to shame and have never made a wrong move in hindsight in their lives!

ah yes time for all the people that forgot that Berggren wasn't signed yet to come crawling out of the woodwork to lecture people for daring to worry about the teams two best players not being signed yet 2 days before camp starts

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
ah yes time for all the people that forgot that Berggren wasn't signed yet to come crawling out of the woodwork to lecture people for daring to question god king Yzerman on the teams two best players not being signed yet 2 days before camp starts

Who really gives a shit if they're signed for camp?

Both take training seriously, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Seider benefits from not having a camp with Detroit's coaching staff lmao.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Both take training seriously, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Seider benefits from not having a camp with Detroit's coaching staff lmao.

and if they end up missing some games they'll have fresh legs when they eventually join the team when the other teams players are tired from playing games so really it's a genius 5D chess move by Yzerman looking across the table at all the other GMs playing checkers

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
and if they end up missing some games they'll have fresh legs when they eventually join the team when the other teams players are tired from playing games so really it's a genius 5D chess move by Yzerman looking across the table at all the other GMs playing checkers
They might have fresh legs, but not game ready legs.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Yeah bro they're definitely gonna miss games. HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I mean, he should've been in the lineup several times in March and only wasn't because of his waiver exemption.

Can't really tell me Czarnik and Zach Aston-Reese were more deserving of that spot once Berggren had hit 79 games.

I think the biggest thing with Berggren was being weak defensively. No one's expecting him to win a Selke but a coach is gonna make the boring, underwhelming choice of someone like Czarnik or ZAR over him as the Wings pushed for a playoff spot.

If the team were in the spot it was a few seasons ago I think he'd be getting a lot of icetime.

Reactions: 13to40

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think the biggest thing with Berggren was being weak defensively. No one's expecting him to win a Selke but a coach is gonna make the boring, underwhelming choice of someone like Czarnik or ZAR over him as the Wings pushed for a playoff spot.

If the team were in the spot it was a few seasons ago I think he'd be getting a lot of icetime.

Yeah, but the problem is Czarnik was looking like absolute shit in several of those games that you couldn't really justify it.

It was obvious by the end that they weren't playing him to preserve his waiver exemption. Which was kinda ridiculous because it's like, you don't wanna lose him, but you're also not using him.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

I do.

Taking training seriously isn't the same as being with the team.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, but the problem is Czarnik was looking like absolute shit in several of those games that you couldn't really justify it.

It was obvious by the end that they weren't playing him to preserve his waiver exemption. Which was kinda ridiculous because it's like, you don't wanna lose him, but you're also not using him.

I agree re: waiver exemption. But you have to play well enough were it's worth it for them to burn that exemption, and his play wasn't there.

With Sprong gone hopefully he'll get more chances. I'm rooting for the kid but don't feel like he made an undeniable case to be in the lineup. And to be clear I'm no fan of watching more defensively safe plugs in the lineup but it's the nature of the game.

And part of the deal with Czarnik is he was a center who could take faceoffs.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
ah yes time for all the people that forgot that Berggren wasn't signed yet to come crawling out of the woodwork to lecture people for daring to worry about the teams two best players not being signed yet 2 days before camp starts
I've literally been of the opinion that nobody needs to freak out from the word go. Coming out of the woodwork? Naw, man. Until and unless they miss a game, I have no worries about Seider and Raymond. Yzerman and the Wings brass know how important that those guys are. Those guys know how important they are and how much they want to stay in Detroit.

I didn't forget that Berggren wasn't signed. I didn't care one way or another that he was signed. But it was more that people were wound up he might make 1.5M and make things tight to the cap.

As soon as Seider boards a plane back to the US, the contract will be done. They've been practicing and staying in shape during the summer. I don't need them sitting in Traverse City to feel okay about it.

Also, lecture? I'm just saying that the team and the players at question aren't freaking out about it. So why on earth are you?

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Hey, it’s almost like Yzerman knows what he’s doing and you just need to relax
71shrug.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad