GDT: #1 - Todays the Day! Hockey is Back! Columbus @ Minnesota - 8PM EST

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Time to get excited boys .. this will be a development year , but KJ , Fantilli, Chinakovare going to have great season . Love the new announcer .. thrilled we have an actual competent GM … And a great coach .. structure was night and day better
It’s a shame bc with 38 and 10 I think the team “has a chance”

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
better than 95% of the games last year. Actually fun hockey. Never lost the feeling but tonight really boosts my opinion that KJ will be an absolute star. Now we just need Evason to stop trying to force Fantilli and Johnson to carry their own lines
I have absolutely no problem with Evason. He's a vast improvement over what we've had the past 3 years.

It’s a shame bc with 38 and 10 I think the team “has a chance”
If you want to go there, 13 would have had a big impact tonight.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
JvR - Fantilli - Johnson
Pyyhtiä - Sillinger - Labanc

The system is set, the players are trying. I would just use Johnson more, he's more of a playmaker, so it's better to have a player with a good shot playing with him.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Fantilli messed up pretty bad there. Hopefully he'll get a chance to make up for it.
He’ll learn from that

There was a 3 on 2 give n go, with -somebody I forget- just after that, coming into the offensive zone where he could’ve walked RIGHT in on the goalie, but, had his head down and fired a shot immediately.

He’s young. Needs to slow things down a bit more. Similar to/more like KJ.

Werenski and Johnson look great.

Need to split up Chinakhov and Marchenko and get them going.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's not too surprising that Johnson and Gudbranson spent 5/6 of the night in their own end (Not literally, though they were outchanced in xG 5-1). The third pairing will look a lot better when Harris gets in on it, and be a strength if Mateychuk is playing there.

Christiansen isn't perfect but I thought he was really good, and obviously a great game from Severson. And great from Werenski-Provorov.

We have some D who can thrive in this system. I think we'll do well if we avoid any pairing drawn from Johnson, Jiricek, and Gudbranson.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Don’t think we are seeing Mateychuk until he plays at least 25-30:games in Cleveland , even if hes lights out . Don will be beyond cautious with him … I do wonder what’s going to become of the Jiricek situation … clearly Don wants him in Cleveland developing , based on the mess from last year he probably felt he had to let Jiricek make the team… Porty mentioned in a small blurb wondering out loud if JIRICEK is traded … first time I heard him make that comment on his podcast

Reactions: LJ7 and thebus88

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

I find it fascinating that a player of Werenski's caliber decides to change stick that late into his career...new flex and blade curve.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Should he be on the post or no?
It's a quick play, Boldy comes out of the corner and fires the puck at the net, just as Elvis is screened by a couple of bodies.
He was square to the shooter before he's screened, so that's the right play.
But really (and this is not a shot at you) it doesn't matter, because even if he's against the post, and got beat far side, then he's faulted for being against the post. There's certain posters here that believe almost every goal is a bad goal against. It's quite ridiculous - but also remarkable that they're here with great advice, and not working for the CBJ as their goalie coach.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
That's what NHL coaching looks like. That was the most coherent game they've played in a while. Z looked better than ever. Monahan was good. KJs a stud. Elvis made some crazy saves. We're gonna be fun to watch this year.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad