Post-Game Talk: 1: Thursday, Oct. 8, 2015, Flyers at Lightning

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hakstol saying that they pressed and tried too hard to make plays in 3 on 3 instead of letting things come naturally.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I didn't see any of the pre season games, but man you guys are right, Manning is def the shortest midget. What does Haks see in him ? No way he gets claimed and Amac >>>>>>>>>>>> Manning

He'll be in LV soon. Hextall to his credit pulled the plug on Akeson last year sooner than later when it was evident he didn't belong. The same will likely happen with Manning.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
3 on 3 is so awesome.

I only got home in time to see OT, but the overreacting is ridiculous. Maybe they won't be great at OT, maybe they'll be better than that. Too early to tell and, additionally, we played arguably the best team in the conference and the OT was more or less a cluste**** on ice for both sides. Not really a good gauge of anything in a vacuum.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lack of penalties, yeah. We got a ****ing penalty shot.

Having a guy like Hedman is such an advantage. He covers so much ground and can actually make plays with the puck too.

Hedman is amazing.

He is not the best Dman in the NHL (yet) but if I were to have a special Flyerx xmas wish that allowed us to have any Dman in the NHL magically placed onto our roster it Hedman would be one of the 3-4 names I would seriously consider... amazing he is only 24 really.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
No one really stood out other than med and mase of course. They didn't look in great shape for all the talk of a high intensity training camp. Couts looked like he had the strength of a leaf out there. Collapsing with a little pressure. Kid needs to get some determination going and keep it.

Couturier should have skipped WCs and hit the gym.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Defense total ice time (ES ice time):

Del Zotto - 23:18 (18:50)
Streit - 22:51 (19:08)
Schenn - 18:53 (15:36)
Schultz - 18:16 (16:42)
Medvedev - 18:09 (16:34)
Manning - 18:03 (14:48)

At least the worst defenseman is getting the least amount of time unlike berube who played grossmann for a lot of minutes for two years

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hedman is amazing.

He is not the best Dman in the NHL (yet) but if I were to have a special Flyerx xmas wish that allowed us to have any Dman in the NHL magically placed onto our roster it Hedman would be one of the 3-4 names I would seriously consider... amazing he is only 24 really.

if its between stamkos or hedman in terms of who gets paid, its an easy decision in my opinion.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
People overreacting to that 3v3 here. They weren't that bad. Schenn/Couturier had a great rush in the 3v3, Laughton had the PS, and Voracek had the prime chance in front of the net. Tampa had about three or four chance.

They traded chances. Exactly what you should have expected.

Anyway, that was the best our middle six forwards have looked in a long, long time. I'm actually excited to watch Umberger moving forward. Words I never thought I'd say.

Manning was bad. I can't help but believe the complexion of the team changes a bit even just by swapping Manning for Gostisbehere.

Overall, I'm encouraged by this performance.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It's no surprise that Manning is not NHL material. People already knew that coming into the preseason. Would rather just use him as an injury call-up option and have Gudas switch in and out with whatever younger players seems to be doing the worst (so Schenn or MDZ basically). At least Gudas seems to have better NHL ability, we haven't seen him play here on this team yet, and supposedly he has some offensive capability with his shot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It was his first game since September 22nd. He had a UBI that kept him out of games the past two weeks.

Yep.

And he also played a pretty nice game!

Created a few chances and him and Schenn looked a dangerous pairing all night... surprisingly Simmonds looked... well... he didn't as he was invisible!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
if its between stamkos or hedman in terms of who gets paid, its an easy decision in my opinion.

Yep.

I like Stamkos... but if he is not pacing for ~50 goals and 90+ points is he really more valuable/better player than guys like Getzlaf, Giroux, Backstrom and Benn?

I have a hard time logically saying he is... especially if he insists on playing at C.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Good Lord everyone is down on Manning after one game. Let's give it a rest. He had one bad turnover and actually played pretty well in the 3rd. He cycled the puck towards the net several times on pinches. Every single one of our D had some tough plays tonight. Ease off on #23 a bit.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hedman is amazing.

Guys that big shouldn't be able to skate and handle the puck like that. It will never happen, but if they let him get to FA, I'm backing up the Brinks truck for him.

Still can't believe they left him off the Olympic team. Politics. Could have used him. :)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Really, we lost the SO. Giroux and Laughton were stopped, Garrison scored.

We played even a top team in the East despite our poor defense.

The real negative is that we got scoring from our 3rd line and #2 PP yet still lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad