Post-Game Talk: #1| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 16th | 12:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sorokin has layed an egg in all of his virgin situations this year of first start, first big road game, first big home game so I am sorta worried he bombs today. If he is bad early you gotta go to Schneider fast.

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
I've been offline the past several days...I see Varly is still hurt but can anyone provide me with an understanding of what exactly his injury is? And is he out today b/c he hasn't had enough practice or is it a serious injury?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Sorokin has layed an egg in all of his virgin situations this year of first start, first big road game, first big home game so I am sorta worried he bombs today. If he is bad early you gotta go to Schneider fast.

I am going to wager there is ZERO chance Schneider sees the ice.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Ummm no. lol Unless Sorokin gives up 3 goals in the first 5 minutes. Or we go down by 6 goals at some point, you never put Schneider in. But I am very worried now because Trotz clearly was lying about Varly.

Reactions: 13th Floor

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Ummm no. lol Unless Sorokin gives up 3 goals in the first 5 minutes. Or we go down by 6 goals at some point, you never put Schneider in. But I am very worried now because Trotz clearly was lying about Varly.
This is why when people say get some scrub to backup the no.1, it’s not a good idea. Isles technically have two number 1s.

Reactions: MJF

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Yeah that is not surprising. They probably wanted the Pens to plan on facing Varlamov and maybe its a bit of gamesmanship too because Sullivan has had a history of doing that with goalies...not ever vs NYI but its known around the league he has been deceiving during the playoffs before about who is starting.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Take out Sorokin's debut, with no prep after Varly got hurt in warmup, and their numbers are nearly identical.

I sort of feel one of the 2 goalies today will play badly...does not mean his team will lose but typically the first playoff game for a goalie is a tossup and given we got two of them here (Jarry once came in for relief down like 6-0) I think one of them has a bad day.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Well...

I trust the partner in the league’s second-most proficient goaltending tandem. The issue isn’t that Pittsburgh is a juggernaut. The issue is that if we don’t score we don’t win.

Trust the White Whale. Score goals to win.

LGI. Isles in six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad