• Avz

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Seems as if Jets fell in a trap. They should have probably tanked to get an easier playoff team instead they chose to play Avs in playoffs.

Yeah, he is day to day. He should be back in our 2nd round series.
Cmon, most of the "experts" chose Jets to win this series and they beat us just before the playoffs 7-0. They were on moon before the series. We were starting to panic, but the team was resting for the playoffs.. surprise ***** *****. :D

Jets got played into thinking we are terrible.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Which one?
Mikko being damn near useless the first two rounds. It wasn't until game 4 in St. Louis when he scored the ENG with 2 seconds left - his 1st of the playoffs IIRC - that he finally started to look better.

I don't have that same hope this season. That 2022 season he was great all year. He has been bad this season and it has carried over to the playoffs. Guy refuses to move his feet.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Mikko being damn near useless the first two rounds. It wasn't until game 4 in St. Louis when he scored the ENG with 2 seconds left - his 1st of the playoffs IIRC - that he finally started to look better.
That could be the only reason we’ve been seeing Mikko out there when the Jets’ net has been empty.

Bednar wants him to get an easy goal and get going ffs.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
That could be the only reason we’ve been seeing Mikko out there when the Jets’ net has been empty.

Bednar wants him to get an easy goal and get going ffs.
Other than today, that would make some sense. They were trying hard to get Nuke the hatty today
And yet he finished 8th in the league in scoring. Hockey is funny sometimes.
Mack has 7 points in 4 games in this series and yet has looked terrible for most of it. Hockey is weird

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And yet he finished 8th in the league in scoring. Hockey is funny sometimes.
He has all-world talent. The ability to play with Nathan MacKinnon and score off of his passes/feed MacKinnon is not something anyone can do.

That said, we still need more. Too many times this season he gets the puck and stops moving his feet. We've all seen Rantanen get going before, he can fly if he wants to. He's become an incredibly lazy hockey player.

I believe part of that is on Jared Bednar playing him WAY too much the last two seasons. Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar can do it, I don't know that Mikko Rantanen can.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I don't have that same hope this season. That 2022 season he was great all year. He has been bad this season and it has carried over to the playoffs. Guy refuses to move his feet.
Don’t forget that Mikko had some sort of illness that took him out of the last few games of the 22 season, if my memory serves correct.

And he very clearly did not look like himself through the first 2 rounds, for sure. Almost like he was working to regain strength or something. I’m guessing he had some sort of bad strain of the flu or something like that.

Now, that isn’t being said to excuse his poor play through the playoffs thus far, we absolutely need him to be be a factor going forward if we’re going to have any shot at a deep run.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Genuinely curious how Mikko is such an elite player, can put up 100+ points a year but is nearly invisible most the time. It's so weird to me.

Mikko hasn’t been good, but honestly, MacK hasn’t been a ton better. I feel like he’s had a lot of ‘Mikko’ type points this series.

Winnipeg does seem to be able to limit their effectiveness more than almost any other team for some reason.

I think it’s a testament to the strength of this team that they can have sub-par play from those guys and still be up 3-1 in a series.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Mikko hasn’t been good, but honestly, MacK hasn’t been a ton better. I feel like he’s had a lot of ‘Mikko’ type points this series.

Winnipeg does seem to be able to limit their effectiveness more than almost any other team for some reason.

I think it’s a testament to the strength of this team that they can have sub-par play from those guys and still be up 3-1 in a series.

Well, Jets have to do everything in their power to stop those two, so it opens up opportunities to others.

Watching the highlights it looked like Nuke took the puck from Moose at the end and scored, almost like Nuke was impatient with his BS.
It looked like Rantanen fell over Bambi style

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Other than today, that would make some sense. They were trying hard to get Nuke the hatty today

Mack has 7 points in 4 games in this series and yet has looked terrible for most of it. Hockey is weird

Watching the highlights it looked like Nuke took the puck from Moose at the end and scored, almost like Nuke was impatient with his BS.
I was so ready to be pissed at Mikko for “stealing” Nuke’s hat trick.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I just mentally pictured a non-HFAvs person trying to figure out this expression.
1714360786556.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad