Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He must have went to the room for a bennetdiction

Trainer: Sam, looks like it's only going to be a 2 minute penalty, is all. You can go back out now, sorry.

Bennett: What! f*** me! Okay, I tried. Someone better get on the phone to Gary to straighten this shit out.

Why are they asking the game MVP about McD.

To be fair they have to be to review it.
I can't believe they didn't review Ekblad's blatant cross check to the numbers on Foegele at the boards, when the Oilers scored. That should have been 5 and game.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Game 5 is so huge. I’d love to get a big win in their building, just silence their fans. Then back to Edmonton to blow out the Panthers ear drums and give Ratboy flashbacks to 2022.

Oilers aren’t scared, they’re determined. A focused, determined Oilers group, when losing is no longer an option, is very dangerous. If both teams bring their best the Panthers can’t win.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
We needed a to beat them, and got a beatdown as a bonus.

Game 5 will be the tough one, IMO. No home crowd to boost us, and have to deal with line matchups, etc. But if we stay the course and process, hopefully good things will happen. I will say this, if we somehow win game 5, I have no doubt there will be a game 7.

Each game is unto it's own, and momentum goes with that individual game. But you have to think they've got in Bob's head a bit now, and Barkov isn't some mystical creature. I really liked Knob's comment, about their play this game not a whole lot different than games 1 and 3, except they cut out the bonehead mistakes, and scored goals.

If they win game 5, this city is going to go nuts on Friday.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He lost one of those games on his own.

That didn’t mean he was good enough in the other two.

Swap goalies in this series and at the very least it’s 3-1 Edmonton.
He gave the Oilers a chance to win in Game 1 but the oilers scored zero goals. That’s good enough goaltending hy definition. Panthers controlled game 2 though, deserved to win that, wasn’t given that game by Stu. So like I said, he only cost the team one game with that one bad goal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Game 5 is so huge. I’d love to get a big win in their building, just silence their fans. Then back to Edmonton to blow out the Panthers ear drums and give Ratboy flashbacks to 2022.

Oilers aren’t scared, they’re determined. A focused, determined Oilers group, when losing is no longer an option, is very dangerous. If both teams bring their best the Panthers can’t win.
One thing that gets me is last night they didn't show the Florida watch party at Amerrat arena once. Interesting that. they showed it plenty when Florida were up 4-1 in game 3 We hadn't seen glimpses of them since. Only when Panthers are winning I guess..

Oilers got unstuck in game 3. Started scoring. Now Panthers are having trouble finding net. Hockey can be like that.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

This is so true, but we need to limit our mistakes. We can't turn the puck over and "give them goals".

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
One thing that gets me is last night they didn't show the Florida watch party at Amerrat arena once. Interesting that. they showed it plenty when Florida were up 4-1 in game 3 We hadn't seen glimpses of them since. Only when Panthers are winning I guess..

Oilers got unstuck in game 3. Started scoring. Now Panthers are having trouble finding net. Hockey can be like that.
Those people in that watch party probably left after 4-1, Miami fans are known for leaving games early. Wouldn't be surprised if it was empty by the 2nd intermission.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He gave the Oilers a chance to win in Game 1 but the oilers scored zero goals. That’s good enough goaltending hy definition. Panthers controlled game 2 though, deserved to win that, wasn’t given that game by Stu. So like I said, he only cost the team one game with that one bad goal.
If skinner doesn’t deserve any criticism when we don’t score very many goals then he doesn’t deserve praise when we score 8 imo.

Reactions: McDoused and Lannes

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Those people in that watch party probably left after 4-1, Miami fans are known for leaving games early. Wouldn't be surprised if it was empty by the 2nd intermission.
I'm just noting a different editorial decision in the broadcasts. They have not trouble showing the Edmonton watch parties when the Oilers are trailing. Was just curious because I actually wanted to see the Florida fans last night, even if was mostly empty.

Back to the topic I notice the rat has changed some colors since being out of Calgary. Tkachuk had nothing but praise for the Oilers in postgame comments and calling them very good, played very well, etc.

Its interesting that a Rat becomes a bit less of a Rat in a different environment than Calgary. He seems to have toned it down a bit in Florida. Is that Maurice telling him to knock it off? Thought his post game comments were curious. Just buttering the Oilers bread?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm just noting a different editorial decision in the broadcasts. They have not trouble showing the Edmonton watch parties when the Oilers are trailing. Was just curious because I actually wanted to see the Florida fans last night, even if was mostly empty.

Back to the topic I notice the rat has changed some colors since being out of Calgary. Tkachuk had nothing but praise for the Oilers in postgame comments and calling them very good, played very well, etc.

Its interesting that a Rat becomes a bit less of a Rat in a different environment than Calgary. He seems to have toned it down a bit in Florida. Is that Maurice telling him to knock it off? Thought his post game comments were curious. Just buttering the Oilers bread?
Might have sunk in this time. I know Sutter repeatedly told him in no uncertain terms to focus on playing hockey.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If skinner doesn’t deserve any criticism when we don’t score very many goals then he doesn’t deserve praise when we score 8 imo.
He deserves criticism when he costs the team bad goals. When that doesn’t happen, it’s likely he played a good enough game. How much praise that entails, decide for yourself. I choose to praise him for a well played Game 4 which included some potentially game saving saves early on regardless of the final score

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He deserves criticism when he costs the team bad goals. When that doesn’t happen, it’s likely he played a good enough game. How much praise that entails, decide for yourself. I choose to praise him for a well played Game 4 which included some potentially game saving saves early on regardless of the final score
I did praise him because despite us scoring 8 he made some timely big saves that could have changed the game if they went in.

Just like he deserves some criticism for letting 2 goals in on the first like 5 shots which immediately changed the game.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
The goal posts had more stops than Skinner did early in game. Just saying. Panthers stopped finishing well. Even on the cross ice plays they didn't place shots very well allowing Skinner to get across.

That said Panthers were probably getting a lot of puck luck early in series and shots having eyes. Now that seems to have abated. Skinner played well, but basically doing what a goalie should do and stopping what he should stop.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

So true.

If the Oilers didn't have the best player in the world in their lineup, I'd think that they'd have virtually no chance to win this series. But they do. Along with Draisatl, it's as dynamic a duo as there is in the game. I suspect Draisatl is playing with either a serious injury or a bunch of nagging injuries, but he looked like he came around quite a bit in game 4. If he can step it up just a bit more than he did last game and the secondary scoring keeps happening, then Florida is in for quite the battle for their necessary 4th win.

If it were Brodeur or Roy in net for Florida, I'd say it's over. But it's Bobrovsky. When he played for Columbus there was a derisive term "Playoff Bob" used to describe his post season play. If that "Playoff Bob" has returned-and it certainly could have-it's game on.

Go Oilers!

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I did praise him because despite us scoring 8 he made some timely big saves that could have changed the game if they went in.

Just like he deserves criticism for letting 2 goals in on the first like 5 shots which immediately changed the game.
Shot clock is one thing, an irrelevant thing really. Seeing the egregious breakdowns that was the prime reason those goals went in is more important when attributing blame or criticism. You can criticize Skinner for not enough big saves though, but not for bad goals in Game 1. You can also say he didn’t cost the team the game cause the team scored zero goals in that game.

Reactions: McDoused

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So true.

If the Oilers didn't have the best player in the world in their lineup, I'd think that they'd have virtually no chance to win this series. But they do. Along with Draisatl, it's a dynamic a duo as there is in the game. I suspect Draisatl is playing with either a serious injury or a bunch of nagging injuries, but he looked like he came around quite a bit in game 4. If he can step it up just a bit more than he did last game and the secondary scoring keeps happening, then Florida is in for quite the battle for their necessary 4th win.

If it were Brodeur or Roy in net for Florida, I'd say it's over. But it's Bobrovsky. When he played for Columbus there was a derisive term "Playoff Bob" used to describe his post season play. If that "Playoff Bob" has returned-and it certainly could have-it's game on.

Go Oilers!
They also have a secret Brown weapon. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad