Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Well, looks like me not watching is the key. I'll continue this for the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals so we can win this.

Sacrifices must be made.
Same. That’s the first game of the finals that I decided to get more than five hours of sleep for work instead of watching the game.

Looks like I’ve got a few more early bed times ahead of me.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
This series should be tied or 3 to 1 oil. If skinner doesn’t have that oopsie in game 3… frustrating. Oilers outplayed them by a lot in game 1 but couldn’t finish. That’s the difference in the series. Florida are lucky to be up 3 to 1

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This series should be tied or 3 to 1 oil. If skinner doesn’t have that oopsie in game 3… frustrating. Oilers outplayed them by a lot in game 1 but couldn’t finish. That’s the difference in the series. Florida are lucky to be up 3 to 1
You mean is Bob doesn't stand on his head for nearly 3 straight games

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Broberg is making Nurse a better player.

Yep. But what makes it annoying is it's not a difficult recipe to see.

Nurse likes to/needs to play an aggressive style to be successful. But he needs someone that's good at puck retrievals and is comfortable with the puck on his stick, so he (Nurse) is free to pick his spots.

It doesn't even need to be an elite partner, just someone that can get back quickly, grab the puck, and confidently send it up ice without having to look to Darrnel for help. That's the MO for Stecher, Kulak, and now Broberg, and the antithesis of guys like Ceci, Vinny, or Larsson.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
One change I would make for next game is swapping RNH and Holloway.

Holloway's one guy consistently Glenn Anderson'ing his way to the net, and McDavid's pretty damn good at hitting that tight window to driving wingers.

Meanwhile RNH gives Drai a guy that can create a play on his wing, so he doesn't always need to be the centre of everything.

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Perry
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan

Give McLeod and Foegele the odd shift in Perry spot to mix things up too.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
He's decent, but slow and tries too hard to violent, when he fails he looks bad. He also looks like he struggles at defending in open space.
I mean I'd take him over Ceci every day of the week and twice on Sundays, but he looks like a player that would drive us crazy given his contract and 1OA status.

He had that career year a couple of years ago, but other than that isn't he basically almost Darnell Nurse over their careers?

Lannes

May 5, 2024
This guy's even worse. Go through his feed. Nuck fans are such f***ing losers. I've seen more class and sportsmanship from kings and star fans in our series against them. Nuck fans? The complete opposite.

Nuck fans still think that having Demko would've caused them to beat us and that they would've been in the SCF instead. Most delusional f***ing fanbase. BC's a beautiful province, but the way we see nuck fans yapping about Edmonton or Alberta itself, they must have nothing else to do over there aside from yapping.

Anyways, haters will hate, they can smd. We fight on to another day for the cup and that's what matters.
It's funny how Edmonton has become this hated rival that consumes and obsesses them... when literally (despite the insane amount of time I've wasted on social media and podcasts during this playoff run), I've never seen anyone in Edmonton even mention them after game seven ended.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I was scared to start this game. Skinner couldn't track a puck, looked really shakey, but then we potted that first one, got a couple clutch saves and some luck with posts, and the rest is history.

Screenshot 2024-06-15 203056.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad