Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Pretty much tells it.

Shoutout to Broberg too. What an outstanding job from the young man coming into the SC final of all things and not only playing well but playing brave and with offensive verve. His zone gains and puck possession have been something not expected for Florida.

But this was the gangbusters game from the Oilers. Glad the home fans get this very special moment of celebration on a HNIC Saturday Night.
Been pumping Broberg's tires for years. haha (and kidding). Thought I'd back off a bit post-game but he's a revelation coming into the playoffs late and delivering such a calm game. Nurse a much better player and game with a steady, structured, efficient partner. What I'm noticing and liking about Broberg is the man strength is starting to arrive. Several board battles including one with Bennett where Broberg just seals his guy against the board. No escape.

Very special night as you say. And with McDavid beating a Gretzky record on top of a complete team effort. How lucky for us and others to see two super elites in big game moments.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Been pumping Broberg's tires for years. haha (and kidding). Thought I'd back off a bit post-game but he's a revelation coming into the playoffs late and delivering such a calm game. Nurse a much better player and game with a steady, structured, efficient partner. What I'm noticing and liking about Broberg is the man strength is starting to arrive. Several board battles including one with Bennett where Broberg just seals his guy against the board. No escape.

Very special night as you say. And with McDavid beating a Gretzky record on top of a complete team effort. How lucky for us and others to see two super elites in big game moments.
With his skating ability and puck poise he had the ingredients. Question was would he get comfortable and have the game slow down for him. But man, is he answering those questions. This guy has ice cold blood. Was thinking maybe he did.

Yeah, he's stronger now, and good move for the Oilers to give him a lot of time. The org doesn't get credit for much in how they develop players but the extra bakingfield time for Broberg has helped.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Even if the Oilers don't get their Cup this season (and they're going to....BELIEVE), the emergence of Broberg and Holloway, assuming they don't just fall off the map, really makes me enthusiastic for next season and beyond. The Oilers have needed some impact prospects to pan out for the longest time and these two, along with Bouchard, seem to be on a steep upward trajectory. Some real impact youth to balance out the older core. I also have hopes for Lavoie to possibly earn a spot next season.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting

Looks like the officials are onto the Panthers "I'm dead" tactics. I thought the 5 on 3 was interesting as well indication that the officials are tired of the Panthers shit.

Just watching Hyman’s post game presser and there’s a CGTN mic front and centre. Quite literally Chinese State media at the Stanley Cup Final 😂
Not just at Canadian elections anymore..

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Would be an absolute travesty if Maurice can f*** around with the incompetent reffing in this league on way to a Cup. Hopefully the Oilers can protect the integrity of the League.
Seems like the refs are getting fed up with this "omg I'm crippled let me run to the locker room for 2 minutes".

The insanity over a very common incidental contact to barkovs head. Idiots acting like would he even play the next game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seems like the refs are getting fed up with this "omg I'm crippled let me run to the locker room for 2 minutes".

The insanity over a very common incidental contact to barkovs head. Idiots acting like would he even play the next game.
I hope they are seeing this bull shit. Maurice is making all the refs look like absolute clowns. They should be personally offended and do something about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad