Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hyman’s right. Despite the 3-0 series stat, we’ve been right there with the Cats the whole way.

This doesn’t deserve to be a 3-0 series. And it won’t be. It’s gonna be tight as f*** when all is said and done, 4-3 for the Oil
We could definitely have more wins but I picked Oilers in 7 so we’re still on track lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Ironic that this was the cheapest game to go to of the two games here and it was the best game in ages to be at. Still blue blood price for my tastes at 750-1000bucks to get in but sure seemed like a party.

This one of the best Oilers playoff thrashings of all time. Too bad it wasn't to tie the series. We were right there to doing that but still in it.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Pretty much tells it.

Shoutout to Broberg too. What an outstanding job from the young man coming into the SC final of all things and not only playing well but playing brave and with offensive verve. His zone gains and puck possession have been something not expected for Florida.

But this was the gangbusters game from the Oilers. Glad the home fans get this very special moment of celebration on a HNIC Saturday Night.
He calmly enters the offensive zone and skates behind the net with poise.

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
What a game. The first win in the Cup finals since 2006. McDavid breaking Gretzky's playoff assists record. McDavid's 38 playoff points (so far) is the most of anyone outside of Gretzky and Lemieux. Draisaitl is now only the 7th player in NHL history with multiple 30+ point post-seasons, joining Gretzky (6x), Messier (3x), Lemieux (2x), Kurri (2x), Kucherov (2x), and McDavid (2x).

Janmark, Brown, and Henrique with a great start to get the ball rolling. Oddly, the thing I'm happiest about is Holloway developing into a legit scoring threat, and him being able to score in big games.

3-1 is tough to come back from, but the 2006 team forced Game 7 down 3-1.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Janmark already took a paycut this year, wonder if he'd do it again. Think you could get Brown to stick around if you offer him 2 years instead of 1.
I think he would sign for another mil or so. Low drama player. I think he’s really liked by the coaches/players so I can see him coming back. Bigger question is whether Brown would re-sign for 1m ish.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
He calmly enters the offensive zone and skates behind the net with poise.
Booch and Broberg moving forward will be great here for a longtime. Nice to see that along with Holloway we got some prospects going forward. I still have a soft spot for McLeod as well. nice to see him get rewarded again. Thats 2 goals in 2 games now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This is the type of ass kicking that can really swing the pendulum. If not for Bobrovsky stealing game 1 and meltdown in game 3, they could just as easily be up 3-1 instead of down 3-1.

Win game 5. Don’t care how, just win it.

Games 6 and 7 don’t matter right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad