GDT: 1/31 - Canes vs Blues - You Never Can Tell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

A tribute to one of rock's (and St Louis's) legends, and one of the best movies of all time in the GDT title? Yes, yes I did.

St Louis is rolling this season, and they've won 3 in a row. The Canes played them tough in St Louis, narrowly losing 4-2, while going off the ****ing chain while shorthanded. We'll see what the return leg of this matchup brings, St Louis typically fares well against the Canes but the Canes usually have done alright against them at home since the 05 lockout going 4-1 at the PNRBC CenterArena.

Lines TBA:
Blues rolled this last game: (solid blue because yellow looks like total ass and is borderline unreadable)
Steen - Backes - Schwartz
Sobotka - Roy - Tarasenko
Paajarvi - Berglund - Oshie
Morrow - Lapierre - Stewart

Pietrangelo - Bouwmeester
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Cole - Polak

Halak
Elliott

Canes lines as listed on site depth chart:
Tlusty - E Staal - Semin
Skinner - J Staal - Lindholm
Gerbe - Malhotra - Dwyer
Bowman - Nash - Ruutu

Sekera - Faulk
Hainsey - Liles
Komisarek - Harrison

Khudobin
Peters

"C'est la vie", say the old folks,
it goes to show you never can tell

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Look for Semin to exact revenge on Alex Pietrangelo with a vicious first period fight. Or score or you know, not show up or something something narrative.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
which Dmen play on the PP, Sekera and Faulk?

They're both on the 2nd unit, though I'm not sure I ever notice Faulk doing anything really.

Lindholm // Eric // Skinnner
Semin // Liles

Gerbe // Jordan // Ruutu
Sekera // Faulk

Something like that, but obviously Semin isn't at the point. Tlusty sometimes gets time too.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
if Alex Semin "wants to" he'll help the team win tonight. if he really, really "wants to" he'll score a hattrick and they'll coast to an easy win over the Blues. it really all depends on Semin.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I really don't like Skinner on the half-wall on the PP. He fumbles the puck a lot, doesn't make great passes and the other team knows that and pressures them.

Not sure who is a better option though.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I really don't like Skinner on the half-wall on the PP. He fumbles the puck a lot, doesn't make great passes and the other team knows that and pressures them.

Wouldn't it be easier to flip the side of the ice and have Semin and/or Lindholm run things from the half-wall.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Wouldn't it be easier to flip the side of the ice and have Semin and/or Lindholm run things from the half-wall.

I thought about that and maybe that would work, but I like Lindholm down where he is as he can make nice passes from there. I'd use Semin like Wash. uses Ovechkin. Get him in the prime shooting area and move the puck to try and quickly get it to him. Have Staal park his ass in front. The problem is that Wash. has Backstrom in the spot where Canes have Skinner. Not only is he a better playmaker, he's very strong so can protect the puck well (Lindholm and Skinner really can't yet)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wonder which Bellemore we'll get?

Belle-score or Belle-No More Ice Time For Him, Please for the love of God.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

The thing with Skinner, is he can stick handle into the middle and score from over there. It's why he's 4th in the league in PP goals. I think teams are onto it, and are pressuring him, trying to make him make a pass and make other people do something.

In the end, that should be a good thing, as it'll create odd man chances elsewhere, just need him to be able to make that first pass. But if it continues to fail, I imagine we'll see something else soon.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
The thing with Skinner, is he can stick handle into the middle and score from over there. It's why he's 4th in the league in PP goals. I think teams are onto it, and are pressuring him, trying to make him make a pass and make other people do something.

Correct, he had success on that for a while, but now you can see team just go at him as soon as the puck heads his way as they don't want to give him space.

In the end, that should be a good thing, as it'll create odd man chances elsewhere, just need him to be able to make that first pass. But if it continues to fail, I imagine we'll see something else soon.

Agree

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Although I'm not counting on it, because STL is a very good team, a win tonight would go a long way in having me believe in this team. Not the end of the world if they don't, but would be nice.

Canes have a tough road right after the olympics. After the make-up game in Buffalo, they have Stars, Kings, Sharks and Ducks...all on the road so would be nice to rack up a few more wins before the break.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Although I'm not counting on it, because STL is a very good team, a win tonight would go a long way in having me believe in this team. Not the end of the world if they don't, but would be nice.

Canes have a tough road right after the olympics. After the make-up game in Buffalo, they have Stars, Kings, Sharks and Ducks...all on the road so would be nice to rack up a few more wins before the break.

Yeah, I think 3 out of the 4 remaining games before the break need to result in points. Wins would obviously be preferable, but OTs at least. Because I didn't realize it until I read it in the paper today, but the remaining months in the season are almost entirely road games.

Out of the 25 games after the Olympic break, only 9 are at home:

Rangers x 2
Islanders
Blue Jackets
Devils
Capitals
Stars
Oilers
Sabres

Needless to say, wins in those games (and especially the first 4-5) would go a long way toward this team's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad