GDT: #1 ⋅ ANA @ SJS ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
"The excitement in the room speaks for itself," Ducks captain Radko Gudas said. "We have a young group that wants to prove itself so I'm excited we have a pair of division battles to get started right away.

"Our training camp has been good. We put in a lot of work. Now we're excited to beat up on someone else for a change."

"We've got to play like we did in training camp, get off to a good start," head coach Greg Cronin said. "Most of the games I thought we did a good job with that. We had good structure early and good pace to the way we played."

I like the steps we've been taking and the progress since the end of last year," Gudas said. "I think we are way better now than we were at this time last year. It's a great step for us, especially from the young guys who have improved and are more confident this year."

"It was a better camp this year," Cronin said. "From our experience last year, it was more organized and the players were more familiar with what the expectations were. When you have that familiarity, everything goes quicker."

"[Brian Dumoulin] brings a lot of poise and a lot of experience," Gudas said. "We needed that, a presence to help calm each other down...We're trying to get pucks to our centers and wingers earlier and with more confidence so we can make more plays and get out of the zone."

"It's very tough to lose a guy like Gibby," Gudas said. "We're hoping for the best recovery. He's one of the best goalies in the league so it's a big hurdle for us at the start, but Dosty has been there for us whenever we needed him. He proved last year he can play big games. All the guys have a lot of confidence in him."

I recall Cronin saying how the team played better when they had practice time early in the season. As the season wore on, there were fewer practices and the team play on the became undisciplined. A second season under the same regime should give a much bigger jump and, hopefully, longevity in strong play on the ice.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
"The excitement in the room speaks for itself," Ducks captain Radko Gudas said. "We have a young group that wants to prove itself so I'm excited we have a pair of division battles to get started right away.

"Our training camp has been good. We put in a lot of work. Now we're excited to beat up on someone else for a change."

"We've got to play like we did in training camp, get off to a good start," head coach Greg Cronin said. "Most of the games I thought we did a good job with that. We had good structure early and good pace to the way we played."

I like the steps we've been taking and the progress since the end of last year," Gudas said. "I think we are way better now than we were at this time last year. It's a great step for us, especially from the young guys who have improved and are more confident this year."

"It was a better camp this year," Cronin said. "From our experience last year, it was more organized and the players were more familiar with what the expectations were. When you have that familiarity, everything goes quicker."

"[Brian Dumoulin] brings a lot of poise and a lot of experience," Gudas said. "We needed that, a presence to help calm each other down...We're trying to get pucks to our centers and wingers earlier and with more confidence so we can make more plays and get out of the zone."

"It's very tough to lose a guy like Gibby," Gudas said. "We're hoping for the best recovery. He's one of the best goalies in the league so it's a big hurdle for us at the start, but Dosty has been there for us whenever we needed him. He proved last year he can play big games. All the guys have a lot of confidence in him."
Cronin praising structure in preseason games when most of us were dissapointed we just dump and chase, running around like headless chickens, only to get shots that are easilly saveable. Man...

Reactions: Frosted Tips

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we don’t control the majority of play against San Jose sans Celebrini (say that 5 times fast), then I’ll be very disappointed.
Ya sharks without celebrini should be an easy win.

But we’ll prob have 8 penalty kills vs 1 power play

finally we got real hockey for us. can't wait to overreact to whatever happens lol
My favorite part about these forums

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Save it for Vegas :naughty:

I have a gig tonight but im done by 9pm, should be getting home right in time for Puck drop. Just saw Celebrini is injured again, disappointed, really wanted to see that Celebrini and Gauthier match up again. Dude knows he stole the HB from Cutter, lol.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I felt great all week but sick as shit today. I think Nyquil is going to end my night before the 2nd period even.

Ah that sucks.

This is actually Thanksgiving weekend around these parts (Canada), and this game starts after 10PM my time. With a belly full of turkey, I don't stand a chance of seeing this whole game tonight

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I felt great all week but sick as shit today. I think Nyquil is going to end my night before the 2nd period even.
Hopefully it's Nyquil not Ducks hockey

Ah that sucks.

This is actually Thanksgiving weekend around these parts (Canada), and this game starts after 10PM my time. With a belly full of turkey, I don't stand a chance of seeing this whole game tonight
3 cups of coffee maybe? :laugh:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We’re back!

We’re the only team who hasn’t played a game yet(a lot of teams have already played 2-3 games) and we start on a road back to back.

Pretty embarrassing scheduling
Young team like us, I don’t mind the extra practice. A guy like Luneau , that’s huge for him.

Can’t wait for our captain to lay into someone

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
jokergif-千图网

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad