GDT: #1 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 9, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm pretty excited. Can't wait for classes to be done and to head down. Does anyone have any more info for what's going on there at 4:30?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Morning skate lines:
Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Folingo-Girgensons-Stewart
Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta
Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn #BUFvsCBJ

Defense pairings at AM skate:
Gorges-Myers
Benoit-Meszaros
Weber-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Strachan
#BUFvsCBJ

Larsson, Mitchell also skating with the forwards this morning. #BUFvsCBJ

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Is this game even sold out through the sabres website?
I bought tickets last night on stub hub for dirt cheap. Centre ice row 6 for 70 bucks. And there are still tons of great seats on there for less than 60 bucks

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres -

Forward Lines - Morning Skate - Moulson-Ennis-Stafford. Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart. Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta. Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn.

Defense Pairings - Morning Skate - Gorges-Myers. Benoit-Meszaros. Weber-Ristolainen. Zadorov-Strachan.

Larsson, Mitchell also skating with the forwards this morning.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What's the deal with Zadarov anyway? What's the point of keeping him on the roster if he's not going to play every day? This kid needs to play hockey.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
What's the deal with Zadarov anyway? What's the point of keeping him on the roster if he's not going to play every day? This kid needs to play hockey.

It does seem odd to keep him here and not play him. Maybe they have a trade in the works?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

We don't know how often he's going to play, and maybe he's benefiting and/or being evaluated during practices. If so it will be an advantage to space out his starts before having to decide on juniors.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
High end centers are rarely traded. By far (IMO) the easiest and most proven method for getting legit #1 centers is to draft and develop your own, which is exactly what they are doing. You're right that it doesnt help this year, but I wouldn't want them to give up good long term assets to have a fill-in top center for a few years.

Dallas would beg to differ.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Looks like around 800 tickets are available via the Sabres website.

yikes, I understand we're supposed to be ***** again this year, but you'd think you'd still be able to sell out the home opener at the very least...

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
It does seem odd to keep him here and not play him. Maybe they have a trade in the works?

They did this same thing with him last year when he came back from injury. He sat out six of the 13 games he was here last year. He sat out the last three games in part because Nolan had just come into the fold and they were likely waiting to see what Nolan recommended to do with him, but it seemed like they wanted to keep him here as long as possible to maximize practice time.

I highly doubt this is any sort of precursor to a move.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Yikes, I understand we're supposed to be ***** again this year, but you'd think you'd still be able to sell out the home opener at the very least.

Well doesn't help when people would rather buy their tickets via Stubhub or other means - mainly because the tickets there are priced alot cheaper than what the Sabres charge on their site. Now if the Sabres could waive the service charges or price the tickets say just $10 more than what season ticket holders pay - then perhaps they would sell more tickets. Still 800 or so tickets left isn't bad - my guess they will be a few hundred short of a sellout.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Mitchell in for Flynn, per Hamilton. Given his disdain for Nolan and irrational love for Flynn, SBA won't be happy about this.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Mitchell in for Flynn, per Hamilton. Given his disdain for Nolan and irrational love for Flynn, SBA won't be happy about this.

I don't get the general disdain for Mitchell on this board either. Yeah, he has Grier-level stonehands..........but the dude goes all out every shift, is a top-notch PKer and is a pretty effective forechecker when he gets the chance.

If you put Flynn's hands with Mitchell's other stuff, that'd be a pretty solid player IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad