Post-Game Talk: 06/24/24 8PM ET SCF Game 7: STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As another long time fan, this is all surreal. With all we've endured in 30 years, I was hoping to be spared from further drama. But I guess it couldn't happen any other way with this team.

There have been 8 SCF Game 7's in the last 30 years. The team scoring first is 8-0. I hope this is finally our time.
See if they can come out with a lead. But, also important that if they do fall behind, the type of goal it is and what led to it. Take a bad penalty and get scored on the PP, giveaway, weak goal by Bob, would be a killer.

If it’s a good goal by Edm, where they executed better than Fla defended, you can accept that and continue on.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
My earliest Panthers memory is at about 4 yrs old going down by the glass, the first seat next to the Panthers bench/tunnel before warmups and being given a used Luongo stick by the equipment manager (can’t find him anywhere but I’d know his face if I saw it).

Eventually got it signed not long after at some event where I was able to go right outside the locker room and meet the team.
I remember having a field trip to the panthers practice rink and I ended up having the whole team sign the jersey my mom got me the day before. My mom saw all the autographs and assumed some kids did it and washed them all off the next day. Thats my earliest memory I have of the team lol.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I remember having a field trip to the panthers practice rink and I ended up having the whole team sign the jersey my mom got me the day before. My mom saw all the autographs and assumed some kids did it and washed them all off the next day. Thats my earliest memory I have of the team lol.

One of my other memories, for some reason was Ville Peltonen’s penalty shot goal against Tampa. I think it was this game. I was sitting straight back behind the net in the 300s.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Every single goal we gave up in game 6 was off a stupid play by us. Goal 1 Verhaeghe with a flubbed pass right into the skate of Barkov, who then turned it over. Goal 2 Forsling shot it directly into a skate, Ekblad was out of position and fell down for no apparent reason. Goal 3 a bad line change and Kulikov failed to defend the pass on the ensuing 2 on 1. All three off the rush and all three the result of horrible puck management.

The only explanation I have is the guys wilted under pressure. Maurice downplaying the situation we are in is a desperate attempt to keep the team cool and calm, but it's not working. They're so petrified they can't even make basic passes in the neutral zone.

If they couldn't take the heat in game 6, I am afraid of what happens tonight. Somehow, they need to figure out how to settle down mentally. Scoring first will be absolutely HUGE in that regard.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Well at least we avoid the false hope syndrome. Nobody here thinks we will win and for that matter everywhere’s else.

The whole Bob thing worries me. Seems the speed of the game has him spinning around in circles.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Sounds good. Heartbreaking 6OT loss coming right up.
Whoever wins in OT is an OT shutout, basically a blowout, so I see where you’re going

To be completely honest, we have only Barkov who’s playing like he’s gonna make a difference and do everything not to lose.

Everywhere else the oilers have the edge. Should be a guaranteed oiler victory skate.

Therefore the Panthers win. (This argument is so illogical that it makes perfect sense.)

Pink Panther

Jan 13, 2015
Hollywood
Well at least we avoid the false hope syndrome. Nobody here thinks we will win and for that matter everywhere’s else.

The whole Bob thing worries me. Seems the speed of the game has him spinning around in circles.
I'd love to see an actual poll on this thread for the win/loss expectations...

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If games 4 through 6 were closer and we played better, I'd pick us tonight. Since we've allowed 18 goals in 3 games I'm going into this with zero confidence.

Period 1 ends with a 1-0 score for Edmonton. They score on the PP in the second to make it 2-0. We make it 2-1 to provide hope, then give up another two in the third to make it 4-1. We score a hope goal with around 8 minutes left to make it 4-2, then an ENG for a 5-2 final. That's my prediction.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i think we win tonight
C555apture.PNG

Reactions: harv33173

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I think I have one of these caps! I’ll have to break it out and see if it brings good luck tonight.

I had the wife wear my old Beezer jersey after we went down to the rangers 1-2 last round and we won 6 straight with it. Maybe it will bring good luck!
Those go for $250-$300 on eBay easy nowadays. I was not around back then but i would love to own one someday, crazy that they are as expensive as a damn jersey.

I have a LAUS Enforcement hat that i love from back then, that one doesnt go for that much but its an awesome hat.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
It's officially tomorrow in Sunrise.

Damn man. It feels like sports deathsrow.

Sleep will be restless tonight...again

It went from excitement to this

we're all in this together. as others have said, i'd feel bad for the team - it's their job, their legacy. i hope this team has a long window but some guys won't get another chance.

crazy as it sounds as an expat of 30 years, i want this, more than anything, for the community and the future of hockey down there. zito and the owners are doing so much right. a championship or two would cement their place in the community for decades. that would make me happy.

as for us? we'll survive either way. the outcome shouldn't affect us materially. we'll either experience the collective thrill of seeing what seemed like a pipe dream come true or we'll console one another for the next fews days/weeks/months. the community gets deeper either way. bills fans didn't disappear after they lost their 2nd, 3rd or 4th super bowls and while some players may see their fortunes rise or fall, the organization itself is strong and well-positioned to compete for years.

all that said, yeah, i didn't sleep well last night :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad