Pre-Game Talk: 05/03/2013 Islanders at Penguins: I'm not obsessed with Sid, my F5 key is just stuck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe
I think that is half truth in sense that there is no set time, but there certainly is idea what it would be.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Good news about Jussi. I didn't really think he was hurt to bad( i.e. he was totally playing that up) but he absence would be big.

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
I'm just dying to use this:

uI9cZ

It's my phones home screen. haha

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
revenge for when he made fun of that one chick's article about Bennett.

That's what I'm thinking. Their 'reporting' trolls him, and he thinks that his 'reporting' can similarly troll us. I told him earlier that he needs to start buying exactly what his doctor prescribes, not the generic Chinese brand that quote 'works just as well'. Maybe NOW he'll listen. :shakehead

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Just a thought but maybe he doesn't need another examination of his jaw. Maybe they told him it was healed but they (either doctors or the Pens organization) wanted to give it another couple of days to be extra cautious. Friday's game puts him just shy of 5 weeks exactly, or as close as possible considering he got hurt early in an an afternoon game.

Was he taking contact on the line with Kunitz & Dupuis? To me that would probably be the most telling sign.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
KIRK and IcedCapp seem to have an interesting relationship...

Relationship? Please. We're in the early stages of a highly competitive challenge to prove who's the bigger sociopath. I that that mother******. :D

Just a thought but maybe he doesn't need another examination of his jaw. Maybe they told him it was healed but they (either doctors or the Pens organization) wanted to give it another couple of days to be extra cautious. Friday's game puts him just shy of 5 weeks exactly, or as close as possible considering he got hurt early in an an afternoon game.

Was he taking contact on the line with Kunitz & Dupuis? To me that would probably be the most telling sign.

Interesting.

To me, the lines also suggest that Neal's injury isn't day to day (or that Bylsma has returned to his dream of playing one of Iggy or Neal at RW).

EDIT: I mean LW. HT roready. :)

Last edited:

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
To me, the lines also suggest that Neal's injury isn't day to day (or that Bylsma has returned to his dream of playing one of Iggy or Neal at RW).

You mean LW, right?

I know you want RW, but Bylsma wants LW, so you meant Bylsma's dream of Iggy or Neal at LW.

Cus, really they should play at RW, right?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The convo could have easily gone like this though. Maybe it's a stretch, but it would explain a lot.

"Sid, you could probably play tonight (game 1), but the professional in me would sleep much, much better if you waited until Friday."

Thus, what we're seeing today in practice.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Everything in this thread is practically a mirror reflection of what's in the injury thread today. Twitter quotes, line combos and general hysteria. :laugh:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Man I am so tired of reading Shelly Anderson/Josh Yohe tweets and speculation. Sometimes I think it was better to be a fan in the 90s and just wait for the next day's paper.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Man I am so tired of reading Shelly Anderson/Josh Yohe tweets and speculation. Sometimes I think it was better to be a fan in the 90s and just wait for the next day's paper.

Agreed. Instant and non-stop news gets kind of old to be honest. A lot of times I yearn for the days of being a fan in the 90s.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I just called the Donnelly Directory sports line for my updates back then.

I knew what was up before the Press was delivered.

I was cutting edge and ahead of my time.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
revenge for when he made fun of that one chick's article about Bennett.

She literally had it coming. But I'm happy that Bennett found a way to make it fit into a tight space and that everyone likes him.

KIRK and IcedCapp seem to have an interesting relationship...

I don't see no ring on this finger!

oh wait, I do.

But it ain't from Kirk!

If he LIKED it, he shoulda putta ring on it.

Relationship? Please. We're in the early stages of a highly competitive challenge to prove who's the bigger sociopath. I that that mother******. :D

I eat pieces of sociopath like you for breakfast.

Seriously. The key is to cut him up and then freeze him. This guarantees a more even thawing, and thus, a more even cooking, which ensures a more well-cooked, yummy sociopath every time.

And you should use this method for all of your paths: socio, psycho, etc...

Except for Park Paths. They should always be consumed raw.

Last edited:

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Just from reading all these quotes and tweets i think the story makes some sense.

Sid's doctor informed him he was healed (from Sid's own statements) but not wanting to assume liability over him returning earlier then they had originally stated. I would guess that they had set an original time frame (5 weeks maybe?) and wanted to stick to it. In the event that Sid got reinjured in game 1 or 2, the doctor probably didn't want to be held liable. Complicated thing those steel jaws.

I don't think there will need to be another visit, just them waiting out the remaining days. Thats my theory right now. I am a professional internet doctor :naughty: I'm ready to work for the Trib now

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh

Srsly.. what do these people do? Hunch around cars in the parking lot with their smart phones.. looking to see which guys are "noticeably limping" after practice? That isn't really journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad