GDT: 02/28/2013 | Pitbull @ Phoenix Coyotes | 8:00 PM CST FSN + FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
His attitude is laid back and he comes off as laid back, but I disagree that he has been laid back. If you're expected him to be the player he was in Ottawa you're crazy...he's not even the same player he was in San Jose. But, he's actually pretty responsible defensively and plays a his role offensively--which is too park himself in the slot and take up space. He's actually an underrated passer too. His biggest problem is that he tries a lot of fancy passes and holds onto the puck, sometimes too long, trying to make a pass that just isn't there.

Behind Koivu/Parise Heatley's been our best forward this season. (Cullen/Zucker/Seto have improved lately though)
Never expected him to be the same player he was in Ottawa. It's not even about goals. It was about him not taking one simple extra stride....lacking hustle....and floating a bit. It's something that A LOT of guys have been guilty of this past season. Lots of offsides and icings because of it. I know Heatley isn't fast, but he's better than that. We're seeing some hustle from him tonight as well as other guys. We need it consistently.

Again, I've supported the guy. Not against re-signing him for cheap if he can pick it up a little.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
all i can think of is
12192_9_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad