Post-Game Talk: “The One That Got Cloned Angry”

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This team truly is pathetic.

I think I'll tap out from watching the rest of the year.

I've said this before and will keep saying it but this team isn't going anywhere without a top pairing defense. No, we don't have one.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Still don’t understand how come no Oiler fans ever call out Klefbom.

He played not bad defensive hockey his first 20 games, in the same time just a black hole offensively on the PP. Since then he has been same old Klefdum the one from last year.

We need to upgrade this player by all means this summer.

Reactions: Beerfish

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Sure but there were some people (fans, media, front office) that got all caught up in this playoff push and this 7-2 stretch in which the team was barely scraping by and entirely depending on two guys, three if you include Koskinen on some nights, and seemingly almost forgot how poor this team really is.

I don't blame people for having hope because there's such little hope to cling to and meaningful games in March is cool but this race is just masking the many many issues that the team has and in a way, and I really hate to say it, I'm kind of glad that a game like this happened to slap people back to reality. I can only hope that this slaps Katz and Nicholson back to reality, probably not but one can only hope.

lol hope is actually all we really have. well and mcdavid lol

loilty

lol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Still don’t understand how come no Oiler fans ever call out Klefbom.

He played not bad defensive hockey his first 20 games, in the same time just a black hole offensively on the PP. Since then he has been same old Klefdum the one from last year.

We need to upgrade this player by all means this summer.
Yes. We need to get rid of Klefbom. Klefbom is the problem. /s

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
One for one trade killed them that game. Even without hall.

This is actually hilarious.

It's like the Hall trade came back to bite us against the Devils, even though Hall didn't play.

And the Koskinen performance/contract was Chia leaving a fart on his way out of the room.

No idea what Manning is up to, but he's probably in an Edmonton parking lot somewhere dinging your cars up with shopping carts.

Hello darkness, my old..... nevermind.

Reactions: BlackDogg

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yes. We need to get rid of Klefbom. Klefbom is the problem. /s

I'm not even a Klefbom fan and I'd rather keep him over Larsson. If there's a suitor stupid enough to trade something decent for him, I'd be all for it.

Likewise with Nurse albeit a bit more cautious.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Larsson - absolute trainwreck of a game
Koskinen - absolute trainwreck of a game
Klefbom - butter soft wristers all night, can't take a slapper anymore?

How is it possible that for 13 years now, since the cup run, this team STILL takes certain games lightly and does not put in the effort? Losing hockey games happens, getting routinely outworked is inexcusable at this level.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Larsson - absolute trainwreck of a game
Koskinen - absolute trainwreck of a game
Klefbom - butter soft wristers all night, can't take a slapper anymore?

How is it possible that for 13 years now, since the cup run, this team STILL takes certain games lightly and does not put in the effort? Losing hockey games happens, getting routinely outworked is inexcusable at this level.

Sir Lowe knows a thing or two about winning. That arrogance permeates throughout the entire organization

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
This is actually hilarious.

It's like the Hall trade came back to bite us against the Devils, even though Hall didn't play.

And the Koskinen performance/contract was Chia leaving a fart on his way out of the room.

No idea what Manning is up to, but he's probably in an Edmonton parking lot somewhere dinging your cars up with shopping carts.

Hello darkness, my old..... nevermind.
And koskinen looked like he was playing dodgeball most of the time last night.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Bobby Nicks need not pick our new gm. He needs to step down. I expect he will resign after season ends.

This all happened on his watch. He is responsible for this mess

Reactions: harpoon

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
That game was like a puck in the nuts.
They had the talent to take on NJ's team, as they outworked them in their zone terribly at times, but absolutely zero urgency outside of those times.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I just wanted to win this game so the Vegas game I'm going to on Sunday is slightly meaningful
too much to ask I guess
Well to be fair, if Arizona loses tonight, and the Oil beat them Saturday, they are only 4 pts back, so it certainly would be

oldschoolcalgary

May 11, 2006
Gaudreau was an overpay at the time of the signing. Salaries have spiralled a bit since and now it looks like a bargain.

I live in Calgary and most everyone thought Treliving got bent over when that contract got signed. Remember, at the time Hall was signed at $6M and that was considered steep as well.

Not all that long ago, but the price of poker has gone way up in a short amount of time.

nonsense.

Gaudreau signed for less than Giordano at the time. Calgarians were thrilled with the deal, though most were hoping for 7 years...there's a whole thread on the signing, i doubt you find one poster that thinks Treliving got "bent over"

[Signing] Gaudreau re-signs (6 yrs, $6.75 mil AAV) - Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This team literally has only two players worth keeping. Oh they will go on a little run and the guys who play well for a few games will be added to the list but in reality only mcdavid and Drai are worth spit on a regular basis.

Zero team identity.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Both Drai and McD had almost 27 minutes last night I read. Crazy.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I've said it for a long time & I'll say it again, the Oilers are the worst team in the league in games they are waiting/resting at home for a team that played the night before. It's been this way since before the decade of darkness.
Anybody care to disagree?

At least we can stop pretending we're in a playoff race.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Yeah I do believe after last night our chances of making playoffs are now seriously dependant on a run the table type miracle run of 11-1-0 to close out the season. If we are going to be dropping games to the New Jerseys of the world then I just can't see us completing what we would have to accomplish to get back into the position we would be in had we beat New Jersey.

We basically need to run the table on our next 4 games with Arizona, Vegas, Blue Jackets and St Louis. Then our schedule gets a little easier for a minute and we would have to run the table against Kings, Ottawa, Anaheim and Dallas.. of which 3 of those 4 games are very winnable. If we did that... we would still have one loss in the budget left for our final 4 games against Vegas, Colorado, Calgary and San Jose.

It should also be noted that I watched the Toronto and Chicago game last night and Chicago looks really good... that's a team playing for their lives and trying to make the playoffs.. you can almost tell that they are going to pull it off. Wont surprise me to see Chicago in the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
He was even on a night the opposition scored nine goals.

I was wondering as well what that was about. Greene was EV, as you say, on a night his club got buried and other D were -4, -2 etc.

Greene was even in for assisting on a shorty in the Calgary game (as well as last night) and was on ice for 2 goals for and 2 goals against.

But when you're dressing an all AHL lineup other than a handful of players, its going to be some tough nights. I think specific criticism could be the Lindholm goal where Greene loses his stick as Gaudreau circles around. But that's one instance in a long shift in a miserably long season for NJ.

Andy Greene is 36, is a small but incredibly astute D, makes great reads look easy, and played like a small version of Pronger last night repelling drive after drive whether it be EV or pk and against two of the best forwards in hockey.

Like I say this is the hardest assignment any D in the league have when they match against McDrai and Greene owned em. He stripped both Connor and Drai multiple times, broke up possession lots and was easily the best player in the game. Severson as well, and Greene has done a find job mentoring this D for decades. Greene would be probably in the topten list of D that mentor other D well. This would contribute to the illusion that Larsson is himself a remarkable D. I've been following Greene for years (I love solid D hockey as you know) and always wondered how Larsson would fare longterm without the continual help of Andy Greene on and off the ice.

Reactions: harpoon

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Chicago plays:

MTL , VAN , PHI, COL, COL, ARI, SJS, LAK

They definitely have the opportunity to do some serious damage over the next 6 games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I've said it for a long time & I'll say it again, the Oilers are the worst team in the league in games they are waiting/resting at home for a team that played the night before. It's been this way since before the decade of darkness.
Anybody care to disagree?

At least we can stop pretending we're in a playoff race.

Yep. This has been the good schedule year for the Oilers as well. I don't what it is in the NHL schedule metric but some teams on different years can really be favored in the B2B matchups. Most years it seems to be the Flames getting most of the Alberta B2B but this season we've been gifted a lot of these after Calgary, or after even Vancouver matchups. I mean our home record is bad so its not just that, but its certainly a good part of it.

This team again gave up 4 goals in a row in a must win. Koski was weak through that but there was some situations around the net that can't happen, Oilers getting outworked, and Cave deflecting a puck right in his own net top shelf. What was he doing there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad