GDT: “I’ve never been in love, but if a penguin can find a soul mate, I’m sure I can, too.” [Games #6 - Oct. 22] Penguins @ Flames, 7:30pm MT, 4:30am EEST

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How many seasons did the Preds get away Rinne/Saros heroics to cover up the team’s anemic scoring? Even Cooley is off to a hot start for the Wranglers. Things seem to never click when they’re supposed to for the Flames but it’s heartening that our goaltending seems to finally be in a good place.

5-0-1 with this team is a coaching and goaltending miracle. When the slog of December/Jan/Feb hits, we’ll what the true colours of this team are. Right now, I quite like our defense. Weegar and Andersson are studs and the new additions have looked steady.

Backlund and Kadri were flatout our worst players at the start of last year too before picking it up. I’m sure the same will happen this season but the rebuild needs some younger blood down the middle.

You look up and down the Pacific, and if this team banks enough points in October and November, they’re probably heading to the playoffs :laugh:

I honestly think that's why it's important to Conroy to keep stocking the cupboards during the season. I don't think this team can get out of its own way and bottom out for a couple seasons; it's just in the DNA of the club. What they can do though is certainly bring in more youth. With them being tied to some of these underperforming or change of scenery type young centres, it's what Conroy needs to get done to keep the team moving in the right direction. So even if we don't end up bottoming out we're still bringing in high upside kids who are a little further along their development.

Bahl has been tremendous for us. Bean has also been excellent. It's worth mentioning that Bean and Pachal are currently sitting as the best duo in terms of GF% on the club. I know lots of folks here were critical of Bean vs Kylington but this looks like an absolute win so far 6 games into the season. Kylington has been horrid for Colorado and has been out of the lineup for most of the year and Bean has been a good player. Still early, but so far some dividends being paid.

Yeah the veteran centres have been bad so far. It's nothing overly surprising, but we know what their games will look like for the rest of the season.

We haven't even seen Sharangovich yet which is exciting to think about. Wonder where he fits into the lineup?

Have to assume Coronato's spot.

Reactions: The Gnome

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
We haven't even seen Sharangovich yet which is exciting to think about. Wonder where he fits into the lineup?
With Naz and Kuz. Honzek will be sent down when he's healthy and then I assume one of Klapka or Coronato is sent down (my guess is Klapper) too since neither need to clear waivers and it doesn't make sense to have one of them in the pressbox.

Reactions: The Gnome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad