Friedman: “Eriksson and Vancouver both want to figure out a trade.”

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Eriksson for Ladd straight up?
I would do it at this point. As much as I hate that extra year and 500k isn't much cap hit savings, I am so done with Loui now after his comments in the summer. Problem is Loui's NTC is hanging up everything from the sounds of it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What do you mean? In this scenario Ladd likely goes to Vancouver, Ryan to the NYI and Eriksson to Ottawa.
It's just that the more complexity you add to a trade proposal, the less likely it is. So if Ladd goes to Vancouver, would the Isles so much prefer Ryan over Eriksson? If they would, then for sure, a three team trade might be the best, but I don't see why they'd prefer Ryan so much.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It's just that the more complexity you add to a trade proposal, the less likely it is. So if Ladd goes to Vancouver, would the Isles so much prefer Ryan over Eriksson? If they would, then for sure, a three team trade might be the best, but I don't see why they'd prefer Ryan so much.

Yeah, just thought I’d throw it out there as an idea, but of course three team trades are more complicated as you said.

As for why the Isles might prefer Ryan to Eriksson, I’d say because he had a better year and he’s a bit younger, but I’m not sure the Isles would want either player.

Just a suggestion on a slow day in the summer.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol wut? I’ll take talking out of my ass without checking facts for $500 Alex!

Lucic buyout next summer is 6years compared to 4 for eriksson. Lucic cap hit over the next 6 years after the buyout is over 14M. Erikssons is over 10M. Even if you take the last 2 years of lucic’s buyout out to make them the same 4 years, Lucic’s Buyout is over 13M over that 4 years. Yes erikssons buyout is a 1M higher for year 1 and marginally higher year 2, there’s a huge difference of 4M for year 3 and then year 4 erikssons is marginally higher and then done whereas Lucic has 2 more years of almost 500k. And that’s only because of the retention.
The buyout for Lucic is

Eriksson's is

Those 2 years of 5.5 are very tough to swallow. The Lucic buyout pushes the additional year of 4.9 four years down the road. When you're talking cap, the big issues are: delaying and total amount.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The buyout for Lucic is

Eriksson's is

Those 2 years of 5.5 are very tough to swallow. The Lucic buyout pushes the additional year of 4.9 four years down the road. When you're talking cap, the big issues are: delaying and total amount.
I don't think you'd win that poll based on buyouts todays, it gets even uglier for you on buyouts at next years window.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
At this point there isn’t much to be done. Loan him to the Texas Stars and buy him out in two years. Sucks for all parties but what can you do.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think you'd win that poll based on buyouts todays, it gets even uglier for you on buyouts at next years window.
Both are pretty awful contracts that cannot be bought out, so it's a moot point.

I was responding to a poster that stated the Canucks might have to take on Lucic's contact as a last resort. The main point is that there's no way the Flames would ever other that option.

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Utica, healthy scratch every game. By year two he'll probably retire.
No way he retires until after he collects his signing bonus, prior to the last year of his contract.

Last edited:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It's insane how awful the Nucks are at cap management:

PlayerAAVYears Remaining
Loui Eriksson$6 mil3
Tyler Myers$6 mil5
Brandon Sutter$4.375 mil2
Tanner Pearson$3.75 mil2
Antoine Roussel$3 mil3
Jay Beagle$3 mil3
Tim Schaller$1.9 mil1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
They're a rebuilding team, with lots of their top talent on rookie deals, and they're still in cap hell because they give out non-stop terrible contracts to scrubs. The above 7 players are costing them over $28 mil in cap hit, most of that locked in for 3+ years, and the only one who's deserves more than about $1.5 mil/year is Myers. They're paying replacement level players like core pieces, and didn't even save enough $$ to sign a true core piece in Boeser.

I really like Vancouver's young talent (Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Demko, Podkolzin, etc.), but they need to get rid of Benning SO badly. It's inexcusable for a rebuilding team to be locked into cap hell for the next 3 years due to consistently overpaying scrubs like crazy.
THANK YOU for saying this.

Reactions: ponder

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Its not happening, he'll come to Canucks camp & end up in Utica at some point.

The fact its a non-playoff team, 2nd fewest points the last 4 years, and we are close to capped out is sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad