BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Anyone else think Linus using the word “crybaby” is a dig at the Leafs, given Nylander’s comment on the bench Saturday?
Yes it's a reference to Mitch the Bitch. If I was a trainer Marner would of got an earful. Treating others like they are your dog and expecting them to pick up after you is an entitlement. Spoiled little sow.

Last edited:

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Furthermore if there is one team you definitely have a solid argument of Gryz over Forbort it's the Leafs, unless we are down another PKer I'd rather Forbort be the 7th or 8th D
Exactly. I don’t think Monty’s really going to play Forbort game 5, but I hate even the idea of him being “an option.” He was awful against the Panthers and he was awful during the regular season pre-injury. I can’t imagine how bad he’d look many months removed from playing regularly.

Forbort should be this team’s very last option on D. Someone who’d only play if they’ve exhausted all other options, like in 2017 when they had Tommy f***ing Cross suiting up after that ridiculous string of injuries on defense

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Monty inserts Forbort into the lineup at any point this series, it might be more brain dead than any decision he made against Florida. The guy is COOKED

He was absolutely fantastic playing some of the best hockey in his life before the injury. If he is healthy, you have to consider him if Lohrei or Witherspoon struggle . I'd definitely want to see him in there before we go back to Gryz

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. I don’t think Monty’s really going to play Forbort game 5, but I hate even the idea of him being “an option.” He was awful against the Panthers and he was awful during the regular season pre-injury. I can’t imagine how bad he’d look many months removed from playing regularly.

Forbort should be this team’s very last option on D. Someone who’d only play if they’ve exhausted all other options, like in 2017 when they had Tommy f***ing Cross suiting up after that ridiculous string of injuries on defense

Before the injury, he played 20 games. He had 38 hits , 36 blocked shots, and was a+9.. Being an ultimate team guy he came back when he wasn't 100% and struggled . He played great hockey before the injury.

My biggest question / concern is , is he actually healthy, or is he still limited by injuries.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan

I think Chara and McQuaid were the only regulars. Had to burn a year off McAvoys contract if I remember correct

Edit: oh ya we lost Krug, Carlo and McQuaid only played one playoff game.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm really happy that Justin Barzeau is practicing in a regular jersey.

I'm concerned about Woodstock- this is the second practice he's missed. #63 probably needs a breather.
This would be only the 2nd practice he's missed. He's been going non stop since camp so I think this is the B's way of ordering him to rest

Anyone else think Linus using the word “crybaby” is a dig at the Leafs, given Nylander’s comment on the bench Saturday?
immediately what I thought

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I thought forbort was playing excellent hockey to start the year pre injury. Disaster after the injury though.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
He was absolutely fantastic playing some of the best hockey in his life before the injury. If he is healthy, you have to consider him if Lohrei or Witherspoon struggle . I'd definitely want to see him in there before we go back to Gryz
I think Forbort should play also. Far more experienced. Played well when his groin would actually heal a bit earlier. Will be needed for PK. And those who continue to say we lost last year to Florida need to look at the actual stats and data..ALSO, HE Missed the last 15 games or so of the regular season last year before playing 7 straight against Florida. He has had good series in his career. If we want to beat Florida, we are going to need him. It’s best to play him now. Also, we could dress 7 D.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Its
I thought forbort was playing excellent hockey to start the year pre injury. Disaster after the injury though.
I it’s important to say he played the entire year with the groin problem Off and on. The second injury he didn’t play too long with. He needed surgery for both. He deserves a look as much as Peeke will deserve a look after he gets back

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Before the injury, he played 20 games. He had 38 hits , 36 blocked shots, and was a+9.. Being an ultimate team guy he came back when he wasn't 100% and struggled . He played great hockey before the injury.

My biggest question / concern is , is he actually healthy, or is he still limited by injuries.
He actually made it all the way to +13 on the season. Then more injuries.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If Monty inserts Forbort into the lineup at any point this series, it might be more brain dead than any decision he made against Florida. The guy is COOKED

I guess you've been training with him and watching practice?

That said as others mentioned, he's like our #7 or #8 depending on Peeke. We're arguing for nothing most likely.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Bruins must treat this as game 7. Just come out attack WOLL. He has not played in awhile and is likely rusty. I know he came in the third last game but we where sitting back too.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Low key trolling the Leafs after Nylander told Matthews to quit crying 🤣

I think this guy is absolutely spot on about what Nylander said-

I think we should all be a bit nervous. Did you see Marner firing those gloves into the floor? I mean he fired them!! The man is angry and not to be toyed with.

I can’t read lips but…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad