Post-Game Talk: Well Florida's been here before. Bruins go up 1-0 as Ekblad goes full Weegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I got PTSD from 2022 Tampa series after this game. Ekblad cosplaying Weegar. Putrid PP. And Boston playing a collapsing defense keeping most of our shots from the outside and either blocking everything or allowing Swayman to see every shot.

We need to play sounder defense and adapt our tactics. Boston was content just sitting back and countering. They did a good job, we sucked.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Bottom always comes out strong, not surprised by the result, but that was fully self caused. What TF Ekblad!? He was horrendous.

Honestly didn’t think we looked ready, that won’t happen again. We need Lomberg and Benny back asap. Gadjovich needs to dress over Okposo, that 4th line has done nothing outside of their first game together.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Bottom always comes out strong, not surprised by the result, but that was fully self caused. What TF Ekblad!? He was horrendous.

Honestly didn’t think we looked ready, that won’t happen again. We need Lomberg and Benny back asap. Gadjovich needs to dress over Okposo, that 4th line has done nothing outside of their first game together.

Ekblad is finally peaking in his career at the right moment.

Okposo has been a disappointment. He just doesn't have the legs to make a hit or make plays in the o-zone. But Maurice loves his veterans. He'll let Gadjo rot in the pressbox before he even considers scratching Okposo.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Ekblad is finally peaking in his career at the right moment.

Okposo has been a disappointment. He just doesn't have the legs to make a hit or make plays in the o-zone. But Maurice loves his veterans. He'll let Gadjo rot in the pressbox before he even considers scratching Okposo.
Unfortunately fat Pat will keep flapping his gums and getting in guys faces. While we now have a few guys now who can handle his absurdity, Gadjovich can easily. I think Okposo sits when Lomberg comes back, so hopefully he jump starts and dresses Gadj. Or sits Cousins.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Game definitely felt like we needed Lomberg and Bennett in there to set the tone. I think the boys come out flying and we take game 2 decisively. We're getting good chances offensively that'll start to go in. Just clean up the D, which we know we're capable of.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Even if Ekblad played a cleaner game and didn't get embarrassingly burned on that breakaway, they still lose the game.

Entire team looked discombobulated, starting from the net out. Bob made some weird, bad plays with the puck and they just didn't look very good. Guess this team really can't handle more than two days off.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Even if Ekblad played a cleaner game and didn't get embarrassingly burned on that breakaway, they still lose the game.

Entire team looked discombobulated, starting from the net out. Bob made some weird, bad plays with the puck and they just didn't look very good. Guess this team really can't handle more than two days off.
He was a mess all game, but I agree. We didn’t look at all ready.

Reactions: Ratsreign

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’m admittedly worried considering the fact that this is our 5th meeting and we still haven’t beat them. And the fact it was probably our worst game of the post season. No bennett, who knows with Lomberg, haven’t scored a pp goal against Boston this season yet, our track record after longer layoffs worries me and now swayman potential dialed in isn’t making me confident at the moment

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I’m admittedly worried considering the fact that this is our 5th meeting and we still haven’t beat them. And the fact it was probably our worst game of the post season. No bennett, who knows with Lomberg, haven’t scored a pp goal against Boston this season yet, our track record after longer layoffs worries me and now swayman potential dialed in isn’t making me confident at the moment
same here, was at worst hopin for an avs/wpg type game where we at least break through their side while crumbling in our own zone, but all we did was crumble.

Our pk is great which is nice, but this PP is gonna be our exit from the playoffs, even vs tampa it was really bad at times. A lot of times were getting these power plays to extend a lead and we never ever can do it, its like the gameplan is to just kill the clock, lack of urgency and too stuck on trying to make the perfect play - no traffic out in net - bumper play has been erased which was our bread and butter and we cant adapt.

I gotta admit, i dont mind Okposo out there, he looked slow but very solid, had a few nice hits and the 4th line looks good.

Third line needs a shakeup, Tank has never played good on there in terms of offensive production. Will say though he is a tank on the ice in terms of hits, on one ozone possession he hit two bruins in one hit and held them up, but in true panthers fashion we couldnt take advantage.

Sucks for bob, didnt think he played bad at all but we sure gave him another round of the march play

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
1715094987682.jpeg

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
I feel that any win will have to be in a 2-1 format. If Boston finds themselves up 2, forget it. Especially since the Panthers are only averaging 1.8 goals against them

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I got PTSD from 2022 Tampa series after this game. Ekblad cosplaying Weegar. Putrid PP. And Boston playing a collapsing defense keeping most of our shots from the outside and either blocking everything or allowing Swayman to see every shot.

We need to play sounder defense and adapt our tactics. Boston was content just sitting back and countering. They did a good job, we sucked.
Me too. Two years ago, the guys seemed content to win their first PO series in decades just to get completely slaughtered by Tampa. I was so mad that we got swept, I ripped my new Panthers shirt apart. This year, we finally beat Tampa, so another monkey off the back. I could see this series ending in an ugly way, and BOS is not nearly as good as Tampa two years ago.

Boys need to get their shit together. They can do it - they have done it with much less quality last year.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Adversity is good. I'd rather they have a tight hard fought series against Boston and if they get through then they're ready for the ECF.

Too many saying it's already a done deal against Boston and maybe the guys believed some of it too. This Panthers team plays their best when the pressure is on and they have to work at it.

Need more intensity and focus for next game. I want to see a better forecheck, bodies to the net, and better zone exits. This lazy shit ain't going to cut it.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Adversity is good. I'd rather they have a tight hard fought series against Boston and if they get through then they're ready for the ECF.

Too many saying it's already a done deal against Boston and maybe the guys believed some of it too. This Panthers team plays their best when the pressure is on and they have to work at it.

Need more intensity and focus for next game. I want to see a better forecheck, bodies to the net, and better zone exits. This lazy shit ain't going to cut it.
my only issue is that last year vs them took a toll on the players bodies, believe most of our injuries (and lingering ones) came from that series

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Need Bennet back immediately. defensive positioning was really bad. I know we were off for a week but most guys have been in this system for 1 year +. Boston has a good game plan. They’re aggressively attacking the puck carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad